74 Dart Swinger Restoration

-

California Dart

Dont List Websites Here
Reaction score
I bought this 74 California Dart for kicks and I'm building it as a road car. After driving it I didn't like how it cornered or rode. As shown this car has the entire drivetrain and suspension worked over. I had a new 318 built for it and it has a 904 auto trans that I had gone thru. New dual exaust as well. Installed Bilstein shocks plus front and rear sway bars. Now it runs, drives and handles better than new. In fact it takes corners better than most new cars. It is going into a professional restoration shop in a few days. It sits about 2 inches low all around and will have 15x7 ralleys for even better handling when it's done. I hope to create a new perspective on what a late model A body can look like if done well. I have boxes of new rubber, door handles, mirror, trim and lights all around. Actually found a NOS rear tail light and rear bezel set up from a 74 Valiant thats going in the rear beacuse it looks so much better. The car will be original color with Tan Top and interior matching. Ralleys will be painted the same color as the Interior and top. I'll try and post pictures as it comes along. One thing I do need is a MINT condition passenger side rear tail light bezel though (for a Valiant).

Attachments

• Dart 1.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 297
  • Dart 2.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 296
644065_3208291904723_1875351522_n.jpg

I like!! Looks much cleaner and I like the Plymouth parts on your Dodge =D> Job well dun :cheers:

Very nice. You should paint the center most fin that is horizontal silver and the 2 closest ones to it red and carry it to the headlight buckets. It will match great with your color scheme.

-
Back