74 Dodge dart

-

D4dartswinger

Reaction score
hey all
I’m new to the site but have lurked for a while trying to gain knowledge of my Dart for about a year now. So like I said I own a 1974 Dodge Dart swinger, been looking into redoing the front end but I’m hearing different opinions on what body it is. Spoke to one parts dealer and he told me it was an E body forsure but everything I’ve done to the car so far has been along the lines of A body( redid the front end before, rebuilt the engine and trans). Some sites say it’s A and others E. Is there a huge difference?

1EB23495-9D41-4625-990B-C9435AFA5344.jpeg

Sounds like he's confused!
It's definitely an A body

Many things changed in 73 such as motor mounts. Fenders, grill, bumpers changed. Doors changed as well as windows and regulators. If your not sure if something will fit your car, ask here first. There are many 73+ parts that are not reproduced yet. Arm rests are another example.

Many things changed in 73 such as motor mounts. Fenders, grill, bumpers changed. Doors changed as well as windows and regulators. If your not sure if something will fit your car, ask here first. There are many 73+ parts that are not reproduced yet. Arm rests are another example.
Ok cool ya the guy seemed so sure smh. Thanks for the reassurance.

For front end stuff, I had a lot of success with PST. Great customer service, great product and a forum discount too!

Cley

This is FABO For "A" Bodies Only Check below and you will see FEBO For "E" Bodies Only if you go there you will see the difference. AND might I be so bold to say as a person who goes to both....This is where it is happening. The knowledge of these guys here are beyond any person in a dealership or parts store. And I know a lot of know it alls that are absolutely sure they are right and they are wrong. I have your exact same car only in green

-
Back