74 Duster LH and RH mirror location help.

-

TimS

Reaction score
I had the body shop fix some bad spots below my door mirrors last week. They had to replace the metal under them but we both forgot to check hole locations for the mirrors before putting the new metal in. Anyone have a 74 that they can measure from the end of the door edge to their mirror bases to help me get my locations set again? Mine has the chrome dual racing mirror option. Thanks.

I had the body shop fix some bad spots below my door mirrors last week. They had to replace the metal under them but we both forgot to check hole locations for the mirrors before putting the new metal in. Anyone have a 74 that they can measure from the end of the door edge to their mirror bases to help me get my locations set again? Mine has the chrome dual racing mirror option. Thanks.

A 74 what?
Duster... Updated title.

Going to my buddies in about an hour. 74 Duster with factory dual sport chromes.. will get measurements.

Grant

Apologize. Ended up his Duster was two layer covered and tied for outside winter storage last weekend. Was impossible to just accurately feel the measurement. I have 72 doors with sport mirrors at home. I'll get you info on those when sun comes up :)

Grant

Apologize. Ended up his Duster was two layer covered and tied for outside winter storage last weekend. Was impossible to just accurately feel the measurement. I have 72 doors with sport mirrors at home. I'll get you info on those when sun comes up :)

Grant

Thanks for your help.

Here you go. From 1972 Demon with painted sport mirrors. I am very certain the location is consistent, if anyone knows otherwise, please correct :)

Holes are (front to back)

D/S - 5/16", 13/16", 1/8"
P/S - 5/16", 1/8"

Note that on mine the centreline of the d/s is 1-1/8" vs 1" on the p/s (from tape line). This may be normal or an anomally.

Measurements are from front outside edge of door.

Grant

Attachments

• ds_1.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 136
  • ds_2.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 131
  • ps_1.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 117
  • ps_2.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 111
Here you go. From 1972 Demon with painted sport mirrors. I am very certain the location is consistent, if anyone knows otherwise, please correct :)

Holes are (front to back)

D/S - 5/16", 13/16", 1/8"
P/S - 5/16", 1/8"

Note that on mine the centreline of the d/s is 1-1/8" vs 1" on the p/s (from tape line). This may be normal or an anomally.

Measurements are from front outside edge of door.

Grant

Grant,

Thanks very much for going to all the trouble of getting these dimensions. I'll post some pics of my Duster when I get these on. Hopefully tomorrow.

-
Back