74 Duster "My Way"

-
Since I am doing a resto mod i am puting seats from a 2010 dodge nitro inplace of the stock seat. the colors are charcol and tan. Just have to fab some seat brackets.

Seats.jpg

I picked up some rear seats the other day for a good deal. just have to have them wrapped with a matching leather.

backseat2.jpg

backseat.jpg

Well I am not happy having a chopped engine bay. The car had fenderwell headers when I bought it. So I found a set of inner fensders with a little surface rust and not cut up. I have been sanding at the and rmoved the suspension and k fram so they can be cut and replace the old sliced up set.

enginebay-1.jpg

innerfenders.jpg

innerfenders2.jpg

innerfenders3.jpg

Well, I seperated the inner fenders from the front suspension and K-member so if anyone is looking for a v-8 K member I got one for ya. The body man wont be able to get around to the the inner fenders until mid February. So I am going to drop my K member and front suspension from the car while its at the shop. Plan on rebuilding the front suspension with PST poly superkit and powdercoating the A-Arms, the K frame, the torsion bars, strut rods, and adding a sway bar. I am looking into doing coil over front shocks, but have not decided. Is anything I mentioned unable to be powder coated. Is there any reccomendations for shocks or anything for the front suspension. All input is welcomed.

I plan on powdercoating bright blue and silver. The upper control arms blue, the K member blue, the brake calpipers painted blue, and the rest silver. I am also going to purchase a new set of disk for the front end.

Well the old inner fenders are out and the new are in. All welds grinded down and sandblasted the firewall. Its coming along nicely. I cant wait to have that show look under the hood.

removinginnerfenders2.jpg

removinginnerfenders.jpg

removalandnewoneinnerfender.jpg

removalandneinnerfender.jpg

they are in so the sanding begun.

sandedinnerfender.jpg

sandedinnerfender1.jpg

replacementofinnerfender.jpg

Sandblasting the fire wall

sandblasting.jpg

sandblastininnerfender.jpg

sandblastinfirewall.jpg

well thats the progress

Got all the patches in the floor plan, they were super sturdy beside three small placed that I cut out and welded patched over.

patchesinfloorpan1.jpg

patchesinthefloorpan.jpg

Those wer the passenger side

patchesinfloorpan.jpg

and thats the driver side.

Now I plan on coating the floor with a de sruster and a under coating before putting dynamat down and the carpet.:happy2:

-
Back