74 duster rim and tire upgrade

-

Carlb87

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a 74 gold duster with a slant 6(stock suspension.) It is about due for tires and I was thinking about getting new rims so I could run 15" tires and open up my options. It has the sbp so rim options are few but I was looking at the cragar ss. I wanted to get your guy's advice on rim dimensions and tire size. I was thinking for the front going 15 X 7 bs = 4 1/8 and 15 X 8 bs =4 1/4 in the rear will these rims be a good fit and what would be good sizes for the tires? I'm looking to get a little bit more aggressive look and fill up the wheel wells. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• DSCF2932.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 242
I'm running 235 60 15 on a 15 x 7 4.25 bs and it's tight , probably can fit a 245 60 15 but that would be super tight . All Darts differ , best test it

235/60r15 is what I have on all 4 corners of my 74 duster. I have the lbp ralleyes and front disc. No problems on any corner. Just have your front fender wells above the tops of the tires. Theres room unless your clearance there is close- it will hit the fender if you hit bump while turning.

Thanks guy's sounds like I'll go with the 235 60 appreciate your input!
Jerry6 is the clearance tight on both sides of the rim?
John2pa did you have to do anything to get them to fit in the front?

I'm running 255s on the rear of my dart swinger with zero modifications...They fit. Your duster has much more room than my dart, as I understand you can fit 275s with stock suspension, but not sure about the backspacing.

I run 15x8 with 4.5 backspacing on the rear with 255/60r15 and 15x6 with 3.5 backspacing 215/60r15.

I guess these plans are put on hold for a while, i found a set of sbp rallies with almost new tires(less than 1500mi.) This for the help though I'll keep it in my notes for next time

-
Back