Slant 6 Drag Racer
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
'74 Duster w/ Slant 6
$3,000
Elizabethtown, KY

We bought this car here on FABO last year. My son and I flew to Sacramento, CA and drove it home on a father/son road trip. He now wants something newer...

We put new tires and shocks on it. Gave it a tune-up. It has a Clifford polished manifold, new Holley 390 and shorty headers on it right now, but it's too much carb for a stock engine. I will rebuild the original 1 barrel and go back to stock. We also put bucket seats with integrated seat belts out of a Chrysler Sebring convertible in it.

Slant 6 automatic with 84,000 original miles.

Needs fenders (included).

I really thought this one would at least get a reply or two... :-(

How's about $2,700 OBO?

It's a solid, rust free California car with low miles.

This is my son driving it in the Tire Rack Teen Street Survival Course last month.

Sebring convertible seats installed.

Wiper pivot seal replacement fun!

At a Slant 6 drag race in Elk Creek, VA last year. We got rained out on this one, but the car ran 18.87 with the stock 1 barrel at Woodburn, OR on our trip home in June of last year followed by our 2,500 mile trouble free road trip home. ;-)

Chino, CA on the first leg of our trip home. They put together a Slant 6 get together before heading up to OR for the race at Woodburn the next day.

In front of Mount Shasta on the way up to Woodburn, OR

the 390 is perfect for that motor! you should jet down if its fat (same jets as the bigger holleys.

GLWS

It's fat from idle and everywhere else! :)

A girl at a drive-thru the other day complained that my car made her eyes burn...

I'll pull the Clifford manifold and headers for some other project down the line.

I've got the original carb taken apart and ready to rebuild.

I went to Ohio Valley 1/8th mile track tonight for test & tune just to see if the 390 and Clifford manifold (even running way too rich) would hurt or help the ET... They cancelled because it looked like rain... :-(

I plan to swap back to the 1 barrel and stock manifold/exhaust this weekend.

I just replied to your PM. Yes, I will sell it as a roller. I can put the drivetrain in another one... :)

If it falls through please let me know. Also do you still have the bench seats? Do you have the fender tag? Thanks

If it falls through please let me know. Also do you still have the bench seats? Do you have the fender tag? Thanks

Sorry, the bench seat went to a friend for his Duster when we put the Sebring seats in.

I can't remember if the fender tag is there or not. It will stay with the car if it is. I did find the broadcast sheets though.

Me too!

If my '76 project with the 10 point cage doesn't sell I think I'll paint it this color. It was the same originally.

I have the broadcast sheet for this car that I need to send to gunbunny.

I will get the code and post back here. I'll shoot you a PM as well.

Rob

Do you know what that color is called? I really like it!
T-5 Sienna Metallic
Paint is mixed, fenders are being chemically stripped. After an hour of working on them, the rust was too much. So, to the tank they went.
The under hood has been cleaned, I have ordered and will pick up a package tray and trunk liner at Mopar Nationals next weekend.
I will also be looking for a set of bucket seats or the another split bench. Those sebring conv seats gotta go.
Rob is right, it got great gas mileage on the trip home, but past that, I cant really say. I haven't driven past the shop since. :burnout:

T-5 Sienna Metallic
Paint is mixed, fenders are being chemically stripped. After an hour of working on them, the rust was too much. So, to the tank they went.
The under hood has been cleaned, I have ordered and will pick up a package tray and trunk liner at Mopar Nationals next weekend.
I will also be looking for a set of bucket seats or the another split bench. Those sebring conv seats gotta go.
Rob is right, it got great gas mileage on the trip home, but past that, I cant really say. I haven't driven past the shop since. :burnout:

Thanks gunbunny!

I take it you purchased it? Its a great find!

Yep, I bought it. The wife will be the one who drives it. Keep her interested, I go where I want, when I want, no questions. Not that there's really any to begin with.
I've been wanting to add a Duster to the mix, this will work out nicely. When we're ready to part with it, Rob's boy can have first dibs on it.

Thanks for the update gunbunny!

Sorry you don't like those really cool seats we put in... :) I'll take 'em back if ya don't want 'em.

And thanks for keeping Chase first in line if/when you are ready to send it on.
(A guy's first car is ALWAYS sentimental... ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back