74 Plymouth Scamp (Decisions)

-

BigWhi

Reaction score
I am looking for my first project. Pretty much mid life crisis at age 32 haha. I don't really want to over pay and I was hoping you super knowledgeable guys could maybe give some good advice.

Words from the current owner
"This car runs and drives and I drive it daily it has a 318 with 340 heads,mild cam,headers,edelbrock intake,edelbrock 650 carb. I put a Neutral safety switch,thermostat, changed the fuel filter,new alternator,voltage regulator 2 weeks ago and have receipts to prove. I have a new gas tank sending unit I have not yet installed! The car does have rust, it was a vinyl top car so the roof has rust and the floor need some work."

Link to pics

http://imgur.com/a/22x5s

He is asking 3k obo

Whoa, no way. That entire floor pan needs replaced, there isn't enough left to consider a patch panel. The floor is part of the structural integrity of the car.

I'd keep looking if it were me. Just my 2 cents, by the way, welcome aboard!

Whoa, no way. That entire floor pan needs replaced, there isn't enough left to consider a patch panel. The floor is part of the structural integrity of the car.

I'd keep looking if it were me. Just my 2 cents, by the way, welcome aboard!

Thanks man. What if I got him down to $1500? I know this guy and think I can really get him down. I also have a friend that will put the floor pan in for me for next to nothing.

You would really want to check more of the car. Roof (also structural), frame rails, rocker panels (structural), trunk floor etc.

If there is that much rust in the floor I would be really concerned about the rest. Also the body, it could be patched and bondo, you won't know unless you go over it with a magnet, a fridge magnet works well for that.

You would really want to check more of the car. Roof (also structural), frame rails, rocker panels (structural), trunk floor etc.

If there is that much rust in the floor I would be really concerned about the rest. Also the body, it could be patched and bondo, you won't know unless you go over it with a magnet, a fridge magnet works well for that.

Thanks man. I really appreciate your help.

Don't get discouraged, and don't get caught up in the "need" for something real quick. If that doesn't work out, something will come along.

Perhaps there is a member here in your area with something.

Just as a reference, I paid 1000 bucks for my 74 (running and driveable), and the floor did need work, but just two small patches in the front. The rest is solid with the exception of the lower quarter panels, they are showing signs of rust. The rest of the car was surprisingly solid considering it spent it's life in the north.

Too much rust. Unless it is for 1,000 dollars. I picked up a completely rust free Duster from California for 2800.00. Six cylinder though

Too much rust. Unless it is for 1,000 dollars. I picked up a completely rust free Duster from California for 2800.00. Six cylinder though

I'm starting to see that. I do appreciate the help guys.

Yeah, Bad Sport is good with the advice.

....he's also a Right Wing Radical and too young to retire. :glasses7:

-
Back