74 Swinger 5.9 Magnum with FAST 2.0 EFI

-

bozvaliant

Reaction score
Hi. It's been awhile since I last posted any updates on my Dart. It's a 74 Swinger that I found in Bakersfield Ca. It came with the original 318, 3 on the tree with 2.94 gears out back. Awhile back my son and I installed a 5.9 Magnum with R/T iron heads that I ported at home. My son really wanted the car to sound like an old muscle car and look like one too. We installed an old MP flat tappet .484/484 241 @ 50 cam and an AirGap copy on the engine with TTI headers and TTI 2.5" exhaust. We have tried 2 different carbs, QFT Slayer 750 with vacuum secondaries and the tried and true Edelbrock 1407. Both carbs ran okey, but both had problems with the cam choice. We started looking into putting fuel injection on the car. We decided to install the FAST EZ.EFI 2.0. My son and I couldn't be happier with how the car runs. My biggest gripe with the FAST system is the wiring harness. It's great that the system is so expandable, but the unused plugs are pretty hard to hide in our A bodies. The system was probably designed with a GM car in mind. Here are a few pics of the car.

Attachments

• IMG_2455.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 581
  • IMG_2458.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 557
  • IMG_2457.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 551
  • IMG_2456.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 546
  • IMG_2452.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 572
  • IMG_2453.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 716
  • IMG_2433.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 683
  • IMG_2459.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 540
Hello,a couple hours away in Pismo. Nice car.The carbs,can be tuned to smooth out the nasty on the Purple Shaft. This is a nice setup,from what I have heard.

What instrument cluster is that? Looks good.

Thanks. They are on ebay. Here is one I just found.

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/70-76-Mopar-A-Body-Black-Dash-Carrier-Panel-Cut-Out-for-Aftermarket-Gauges-/350837764857?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ADodge%7CModel%3ADart&hash=item51af8f72f9&vxp=mtr"]70 76 Mopar A Body Black Dash Carrier Panel Cut Out for Aftermarket Gauges | eBay[/ame]

Beautiful car! You did a great job!

Wait, so you swapped from a factory roller cam setup back to an old MP flat tappet grind? Why not just throw a Magnum roller Hughes Whilpash cam in it if you wanted the rumpity rump? I'm confused I guess. Never heard of anyone back fitting a flat tappet into a Magnum?

Wait, so you swapped from a factory roller cam setup back to an old MP flat tappet grind? Why not just throw a Magnum roller Hughes Whilpash cam in it if you wanted the rumpity rump? I'm confused I guess. Never heard of anyone back fitting a flat tappet into a Magnum?

All I had was a stock roller cam. I already new the LA cams would work. I had 2 on the shelf with lifters. This was supposed to be a low buck swap LOL. My son didn't want to use the stock roller because it was stock. We are going to install a roller cam next year. The LA cams work fine, you just have to get the push rods from Hughes.

-
Back