74 to 65 Drivetrain Swap!

-
looks good!!--- offer your 65 cable stuff up-- someone might give some coin for them ,Lawrence

looks good!!--- offer your 65 cable stuff up-- someone might give some coin for them ,Lawrence

Thanks, I have a shifter and a couple of Consoles but no cables.

That will be another thread. When it I get it all sorted out I plan to do a "how to" to dicuss the ins and outs because there seems to be so much scattered information about this topic on the forum.

One other thing I thought I should point out. My car originally had a floor shifter and the 65's still used the cable shifters (with 2 cables) that I don’t think will work with the newer tranny. In order to convert to a newer factory linkage shifter you would have to route the linkage on top of the hump cut a big hole in the floor and then you'll need to cover it with a full console (like Chrysler did from 66-on cars) to cover it up. I went with an aftermarket Hurst Racket floor shifter that works with the later linkage transmission with single cable so it only requires a single small hole. I think it looks closer to the original shifter anyway, beside I can "slam gears" with the Hurts!

I'll look forward to that Magnum Manifold thread. Thanks for doing that.

In the meantime, just a yes or no question:

We you able to use Magnum manifolds on both sides?

Any information will be appreciated... just a yes or no would be fine. :cheers:

Yes they will with some minor modifications

I'll go into more detail when I get the exhaust installed. I want to test it and make sure it all works before do a "how to" on it.

-
Back