74 valiant power brakes

-

deliriumx

Reaction score
ok so my brake peddle feels a bit squishy and when i push the brakes too fast they seem to lock real easy i think its only one wheel tho i can hear it slide on the passenger side. also have to push the peddle pretty far in before i get a bite. i not sure whats wrong with them.

Check the rear adjusters. Sounds like one is working ( pass side ) and one isn't.
I had a squishy pedal problem for what seemed to be forever and getting worse with each day and the driver rear would lock first. After bleeding the brakes about 20 times, replacing the master...yadda yadda yadda, one of the rear adjusters was stuck. It was causing the passenger shoes to have to travel really far to bite, but by the time it was pumped enough to bite and give a firm pedal, the other would lock up. Found it by accident while I was going back through everything I'd done, the passenger drum fell loose on the studs when I took the wheel off. Kind of embarrassed at how long it took me to figure out. ( because it couldn't have been something I'd already done :lol: )

-
Back