75 coronet

-

Scampin around

Reaction score
not sure where to put this so im going to put it here. what kind of body is a 75 coronet? Ive found one for cheap with a 360 in it, could I transfer everything into my scamp including K frame? Also what rear ends did those come with?

They are an J body. The engine and trans could be swapped over. The k frame, rear, and all of that can not. Supposedly you can use the spindals and disk brakes with some mods though.

Actually, the '75-'76 Coronets are B-bodies (sometimes called "Forgotten Bs").

Yes. Definitely a "B" body. Basically the same body style as a '75 RoadRunner. Saw one back in the day. Loved that style RoadRunner. When I bought my Demon in 2000, I had a chance to buy the RoadRunner I had seen as a kid. I only had space for one car. i chose my Demon. Wish I coulda had both.

You can swap the engine and trans. The rear would be too wide. I don't think it would be an 8-3/4 anyways. The K-frame would not work either.

Wylde1.

tempting to get it for a 360 with 90k original but if I cant grab more then that and the tranny probably not worth the effort.

2 door? I have a 78 2 door Fury (other than your 2 round/my 4 square headlites) its identical; I could use a few things. where are you located?

lol. For some reason I was thinking Cordoba. haha

the "U" body style.... "U" being UGLY. lol.... hey to each his own... I totally dislike them myself. The 360 in it would be a good one to snag though.

-RPM

lol. For some reason I was thinking Cordoba. haha
actually you're close; 75-9 Cordoba are also B bodys like the 75 Coronet; 80-83 they redisigned teh Doba and thats when they became known as J bodies; mechanically identical underneath the sheet metal to Diplomats, 5th Ave (M body) and Aspen/Volare, too (F body) between a B body Cordoba nd a J body one there is little similarity beyond (some of) the avail. engines/trannies.
The B body Cordoba could have been had new with a Big block but no /6. The J body is the opposite.

-
Back