75 Duster: Six Pack or 4bbl?

Which carburetor choice should I make?

• Put an electronic fuel injection on it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
-

75DU5T3R360

Reaction score
I’ve got a 75 Duster (originally 360) with a 340 (1969 block). I currently have a Holley 4160 series 750cfm carburetor on an Edelbrock Air Gap RPM intake manifold. I need to rebuild the carburetor (25 years old), but I have also thought about buying a new Edelbrock 1913 (800cfm). At one time, this car had a six pack set up on it, which I still own. It has been laying around for 25 years, so I would need to have the carburetors rebuilt. I’m curious to know which route the Mopar community thinks I should go. I will sell the six pack setup if I don’t use it. I think it would be neat to show up to the Mopar club meetings with a six pack, but is it worth the trouble?

Love to see pics of 6 pack. Definately interested in it when/If you sell.
Personally, I've owned 3 different setups. 1st one, I didn't know what I was doing and carbs had numerous problems I was too dumb to fix.
2nd and 3rd setup run like a "raped ape!" 3rd set was mechanical carbs and was so much better then the vacuum setups. Also had the Tri power air cleaner for last one.
If you know much about Hollys or you are willing to learn them inside and out, I'd go with the 6 Pack!!!

That's a judgement call only you can make. I think you already know once the sixpack is tuned it is a blast and then the nostalgia of having it when you open the hood. :) My sixpack is fun for those reasons. Once mine was tuned it has not required anything for many years. It might come down to the cost for the rebuild of the carburetors and again only you can make that decision.

I’m trying to sell them, but I will have them rebuilt and restored if I don’t get asking price. I agree that I would absolutely be thrilled to have them working properly and installed.

I would run with a 800 cfm TQ. Small primaries will give great response/mileage & huge secs will give HP.
There has also been improvements in intake manifold design since the days of the 6 pack.
If the engine is basically stock, low numerical gear ratio, I would use the Performer intake. If 'hotter' than stock, use the RPM intake.
An Edel 650 AVS would also be a good choice for a stock engine, 800 AVS for a hottie.
Three carbs look great, but 3 times as many things to cause problems....

-
Back