75 duster slant to v8 swap begins

-

VDART

Reaction score
here is the car-- I opened my mouth-- a local is needing help -- so we are going to swap the slant for a 360--- lot's of fun!!

Attachments

• 66valianta 097.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 449
  • 66valianta 098.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 441
k frame is swapped

Attachments

• 66valianta 110.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 420
  • 66valianta 112.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 405
will try to drop in the 360 today---

he has summit headers & p/s & p/brakes

something doesn't sound good with these options.

BFH time!!
will post Sat --results. Lawrence

BFH's are considered a normal tool to be on hand for the regular standard header for.small block cars.

Man Lawrence,I haven't seen any of those chrome steel slots in a long time:cheers:.If you need anything give me a hollar.

owner is on his way over-- he is sending the summit headers back-- they sold him the wrong ones & is going with hedman style-- still going to drop in the 360/904 tonight--( hopefully)

engine is in-- Problems with the tranny!!

does that look correct?
tranny has a broken brass fitting -- having trouble removing it.
will ask some questions in the general section shortly. Lawrence

Attachments

• dartsportstuff 018.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 379
  • dartsportstuff 020.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 380
well looks like its in there.
You did use the 360 engine mounts... right ?

-RPM

don't know about the mounts-- owner of the car brought parts-- putting together a puzzle without all the pieces is fun !

duster owner is going to cut up the 73 dart sport (k-frame donor already) the frame rails & cross member are in excellent shape---- just not sure where to cut yeT!!

slant pics

Attachments

• 66valianta 101 (Large).jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 277
  • 66valianta 100 (Large).jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 300
please tell me that is not the color choices the owner stuck with for the motor? YIKES!

Why not just have kept the slant K member and got Schumacker or Trans Dapt swap mounts?

please tell me that is not the color choices the owner stuck with for the motor? YIKES!

What's wrong with it? If it had gold anodized valve covers, it would be right at home at Mardi Gras. Those are the official colors of Carnival in the Big Easy.

Why not just have kept the slant K member and got Schumacker or Trans Dapt swap mounts?

Because sometimes, people like the K-frame swap for a better and sturdier mounted engine rather than the swap kits. While the Trans-Dapt kit is a good and inexpensive way to do the swap. Sometimes there is an advantage to swapping the K-frame. IE; later years with BBP, disc brakes. All of this could be on hand.

Since a a swap is 4 bolts and a P/S disconnect, time is all you need.

update--

yes, I said the same thing about the engine color scheme.
The owner has now moved the car-- i got the engine & tranny in & the mechanicals hooked up. (I agreed to that before I knew more information)

Too many unknowns about engine build /tranny condition --for me to spend any more time on it.

owner has a local shop quote of $200 to install the trans cross member removed from the 73 dart sport.

He is also trying to replicate the roller paint job on moparts-- will update this spring--
the engine still has not been fired.
The car is a rusty bi---: hind site, should have swapped parts to the 73 dart sport-- it was a solid structure vs the 75 duster.
Lawrence

-
Back