75 Hang 10 Dart Sport beater

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
Were going in ! I spent a few days cleaning up the Hang 10 and my wife has taken a liking to it so were gonna save it. Its a dirty job but someone got to do it. Im going to fix it a bit at a time, just to make it road worthy for now. It will be cheap and ugly and Im going to beat it like I rental.

First major project will be to fix the trunk floor. I just bought a bunch of tools. Im going to order aEastwoods 135 mig soon, then I will probably buy a trunk pan from Auto Body Specialties. I dont really need the entire pan so I will cut it up as patches.

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 647
One piece at a time and it won't seem like so much. Just TRY not to look at the whole car in one shot. Just one piece at a time. Like Johnny Cash.

they don't call rust... cancer.... for nothin'.....do yourself a favor and put in the whole pan....just say'n

Heres a few before and after pictures from the first round of clean up. I scrubbed the dirt off of the car with brush and some fantastic, then a magic eraser, LOL. The car has been repainted in a bright white, factory color was more off white or egg shell. The best part is they painted it right over the decals.

before pictures

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 615
After pics

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 619
  • 002.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 629
  • 004.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 624
Im gonna pull the vinyl top trim and sand and prime the top. At some point I would like to add a snorkel scoop and black out the hood. Im also going to pull the bumpers and remove the bumperettes which are keeping from closing the garage door right now as well as change the header panel and grill to a 73-74.

Love the shag but no one reproduces it. I spoke with Date, from Dante's parts about it. He said the door panels and seat covers are available though. ACC has carpets in custom colors so Im going to get a sample of there hugger orange to see if its a close match.

Good job Adam. Way to make the best of the whole situation. So what is the build plan?

Look on craigslist for a millermatic 135 or lincoln SP135+. They are all over the place now and are solid machines. Should be able to find one for under $350 lots of times with a bottle

Thanks guys,

Rob, Ive been keeping an eye out for a used one but No luck around here. I just read the eastwood 135 is the same as the lincoln 135. The eastwood 135 is $399 with an auto darkening helmet and a cart.

My plan for now is just to get it solid enough to drive, Floors and trunk. Then later swap in small block. I have a 8-3/4 rear for it also.

you know what they say...when life gives you lemons...make hard lemonaid :glasses8:

...add a snorkel scoop and black out the hood...

Yes to the scoop...but no to the black hood...you need to think "Hang 10". Paint the scoop as a "what if"...with that outrageous interior it screams for a matching exterior...white scoop with some funky pinstriping or something.

I found this website...some nice pictures for inspiration to get you through the dark days...

http://hangtenregistry.com

Paul

KInda like the black hood. Heres a few pictures,

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 559
  • mopp_1011_07_o+1975_dodge_dart_sport_hang_10+front_end.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 561
Do the bottom one. That just screams 1975!! Oh and take lots of pics through out the journey. I am going to live vicariously through this build. You know since I can't work on a car right now being in the middle of this war and all.

Now we are cooking with gas...

vbpgimage.php

Love those driving lights and red covers!!!

Paul

Do the bottom one. That just screams 1975!! Oh and take lots of pics through out the journey. I am going to live vicariously through this build. You know since I can't work on a car right now being in the middle of this war and all.

Thanks for your service ! :)

You keeping on this car is thanks enough. This site has given me so much to look forward to when I get back to the states with some of this deployment cash.

Good to see you on this one Adam. Always liked the funky Hang 10s. I like the white scoop look myself :) Now hurry up, your better half is wanting to drive!!

Grant

-
Back