76 Aspen as parts car!?

-

GermzD74

Cool Member
Reaction score
Hello how are you all doing, hopefully well!

I got my eyes like a hawk on a 76 Aspen /6 4spd OD for very very cheap.

I am drooling, particularly, at the 4 spd...

Can I use everything to convert my Automatic Dart into a 4 spd, excluding the hump I would guess...everything else would swap in? (pedals?)

I've read some about being able to use the front disk brakes with 73 up A body upper control arms and lower ball joints. If I could get 73 and up disk brakes for some cash from a friend should I just use the A body disk parts, any advantages with he F body brakes?

Well that's all for now! I can just imagine my girl with a 4 spd never really owned a manual car and I'm dying for one! lol

pedals are different and will not interchange, you can make the hump work though they are different, the z bar I believe will work and the tranny/ bell housing will as well.

yep how many F body sets do you see verse A body sets? I usually get 300 for an A body set with a zbar and 300 for an F body set with out anything else. It took me 3 years to find my first set, and I now have two total.

WOW. I have seen TONS of F body pedal sets! Didnt know they are worth their weight in gold! They usually go for 50 bux at the local junk yard.

$300.00????? I know where there is at least a couple of sets. But being we both are in Washington I wont be telling you where they are. Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha,Ha. Just kidding. I cant believe they go for that. I remember back a few years ago they were everywhere.

Tonys parts who is one of the most expensive on the planet sells f body pedals for $95, regular folks like me don't sell them for more than $50-60. They aren't worth $300 unless you find a sucker that won't research at all and buys out of convenience.

Seems strange to buy the car for only a trans. That trans is worth $100 and most of the rest of the parts are useless to you in an A body. If your car has a v8, good luck with it, you'll be hammered with cost by the time you get it swapped. Scrap on the rest of the car might get you 50-100.

If you buy it let me know as I know someone that may want the car for the rest of the parts. I know the car and how much he wants for it. G is a pretty nice guy.

Tonys parts who is one of the most expensive on the planet sells f body pedals for $95, regular folks like me don't sell them for more than $50-60. They aren't worth $300 unless you find a sucker that won't research at all and buys out of convenience.

Seems strange to buy the car for only a trans. That trans is worth $100 and most of the rest of the parts are useless to you in an A body. If your car has a v8, good luck with it, you'll be hammered with cost by the time you get it swapped. Scrap on the rest of the car might get you 50-100.

If you buy it let me know as I know someone that may want the car for the rest of the parts. I know the car and how much he wants for it. G is a pretty nice guy.

Well I sure will let you know!
BTW...show me a A833 OD close to San Diego for 100 dollars without me having to spend a lot for its shipping and I'll sure buy it! haha don't see them that often down in so cal and if you do theyre 300 or more...my car has a slant six and so does the aspen, I have a very bad radiator and exhaust manifold I need replaced so I'm taking it for the tranny and the slant six...just an extra to play around with...I'm pretty sure the front disk brakes are worth a bit of dough they say they work great i you plan on lowering the front some, the geometry on them works with it, not sure though. If the car is complete I'll let you know!

but if you get it the pedals are worth 300 or so.
Hope so! that way I can make up what Im gonna spend on the car haha thanks for letting me know, ebay might be a good way to go with them. Although I'm not trying to rip ppl off so I'll do some research first

Well I sure will let you know!
BTW...show me a A833 OD close to San Diego for 100 dollars without me having to spend a lot for its shipping and I'll sure buy it! haha don't see them that often down in so cal and if you do theyre 300 or more...my car has a slant six and so does the aspen, I have a very bad radiator and exhaust manifold I need replaced so I'm taking it for the tranny and the slant six...just an extra to play around with...I'm pretty sure the front disk brakes are worth a bit of dough they say they work great i you plan on lowering the front some, the geometry on them works with it, not sure though. If the car is complete I'll let you know!

There was an 833OD in san marcos area for 150 asking and could have likely been bought for $100. If you pay more than 100 for one you didn't look hard enough. They are out there.

There was an 833OD in san marcos area for 150 asking and could have likely been bought for $100. If you pay more than 100 for one you didn't look hard enough. They are out there.

Wow. I have found plenty of deals but for some reason that sort of stuff is like gold up here. Course I have bought an entire conversion for 300, but they are few and far between.

Okay well now I have to throw numbers! lol

I think I'm pretty good at researching for my stuff everything I buy will be picked out like if I were a chicken searching for grains on the ground haha

Right now theres one 833 with a 340 bell for 600 everything else I've searched is way too far. I've searched junkyards every now and then.

Now buying the car for 300 dollars I find it hard anyone would not see it as a smart buy, that tranny is worth that much at some places. Plus a hundred or more if I scrap it after I part it out...its a free deal!

Hey Hawkeye :-D is it in your driveway yet?
pictures pictures pictures! 8)

-
Back