76 duster window sweeps

-

awg329

Reaction score
Good Question. I would like to know if they are a good quality fit also-

I recently bought these from Josh's Muscle Car Parts for my '75 Duster.
1973 1974 1974 1976 Duster and Dark Sport Fastback A-Body Window Felts Fuzzies Full Kit
I ordered the WX192 OEM style. They are PUI brand, Took a few weeks from order till delivery. The outers fit well and look good. They actually have felt/fuzzy on the rubber. I saw complaints that some are smooth rubber. I did not install the inners yet. The rubber fuzzy part looks correct, but is on a plastic strip that gets screwed to my plastic upper door panel. The originals were a metal clamp on rail.

Update...
@TF360 got a set of these and said drivers side was high in the middle. I went out last night and looked at mine. Sure enough, he's right. Center holes (at least 2-3 of them)must be punched a little low. looked again on my way out this morning and it is not as obvious in daylight. Was more noticeable with flashlight - picks up the gap if caught at the right angle. I will try to adjust, might be a few days till I get to it.

Wanted to add an FYI... I had noticed some water on the floor before I fixed the sweep position, but thought it was the glass adjustment. Turns out it was coming in between the new sweep and the door, not at the glass. it ran down the glass, followed the regulator and then came out between the door and the interior panel. So, I ended up taking the fuzzy off again and put a bead of RTV silicone behind it and added a couple extra screws. Don't see how they really expect it to seal good there but no worse than original. Looking at water stains on the old panel it was doing same before, just not quite as bad. I still plan to ad something at the back end of the glass where (by original design) there is a gap that allows water to go in, flow down over the latch and out the bottom. Will probably add sealant on passenger door as well even though its dry so far. Might just have been the direction the rain was coming from...

-
Back