'76 Scamp, what color??

-

DusterKrazy

Reaction score
I been doing some mods to the '76 Scamp. I been doing the bumper mod and will do away with the marker lights and or replace them with '70/71 pieces.
I'm conflicted on color though. I want something that is different, the F2 green does nothing for me. It's been repainted and it's real crappy; yep the interiors green also!

I could change it to black possibly?? I'm thinking I would have to pull the dash to paint it though. That operation seems a bit to involved.

I been tooling around with the idea of ...

*Ga4-Winchester grey
*Flat black?? (My '70 Charger will be this so I dunno?)
*Plum Krazy (maybe common on scamps?)
*EL5 Butterscotch? I almost never see this color..

I dunno, if you got suggestions throw them out.

FYI, I maybe adding a black fiberglass hood (cowl style) that I got for free to it...??

check out my resto thread on my 75 scamp.... hemi orange looks pretty dam good and my car always gets a lot of looks, hope this helps

I painted my dash with out pulling it. Just need to do some masking is all. I like the EL5. It is a cool color you don't see a lot.

I changed my interior from green to black (couldn't agree more) many, many years ago. The painted steel parts are cake to mask and paint, ditto with the headliner and package tray. I had the door panels and seats re-covered in black vinyl and new black carpet. The only two bad things were the "hard plastic" parts, kick panels, steering wheel, dash. The paint I used back then flaked off quickly and the green was like a neon sign. I just didn't prep right and used the wrong paint. the color looked great. The second bad thing is thet it turned the inside of the car into an oven! I had to sit on beach towels every summer after that. Live and learn.

I also LOVE the orange, like varlo's, but I don't know if I have the willpower to resist painting 01 on the door and a rebel flag on the roof. Seriously, that's the kind of thing I would do, then regret it later. You can take the boy out of backwoods, but you can't take the backwoods out of the boy.

Lambo Orange

P6019499.jpg

Curious Yellow

Curious.jpg

Either goes well with black.

That hemi orange was looking good8) So many choices. I was wondering about FM3 Panther Pink because I have never seen a Scamp in that color?

Bad thing about a green interior is that just about nothing goes with it...

Any more opinions, chime in!!

Out of your choices there Winchester Gray sounds really cool. It would be very unique. I've never seen one that color. The other colors are a lot more common.

I been doing some mods to the '76 Scamp. I been doing the bumper mod and will do away with the marker lights and or replace them with '70/71 pieces.
I'm conflicted on color though. I want something that is different, the F2 green does nothing for me. It's been repainted and it's real crappy; yep the interiors green also!

I could change it to black possibly?? I'm thinking I would have to pull the dash to paint it though. That operation seems a bit to involved.

I been tooling around with the idea of ...

*Ga4-Winchester grey
*Flat black?? (My '70 Charger will be this so I dunno?)
*Plum Krazy (maybe common on scamps?)
*EL5 Butterscotch? I almost never see this color..

I dunno, if you got suggestions throw them out.

FYI, I maybe adding a black fiberglass hood (cowl style) that I got for free to it...??

I always liked the butterscotch. It's a real rare color. It would look great in a car show cause it would probably be the only one there.

looks a lot better than the cheese blocks they put on them from 72 on. Looking good. Keep up the nice work.

I agree!
The '72 markers just look cheap to me. It appears as if they just walked up and stuck them on at the factory lol...like it was an afterthought??

I seen a '72 Demon that had '68 markers on it; looked fantastic!!

I thinking about changing out my grille for a 1973, even though I have to change the grille support (which I have)...but now I'd need the '73/4 headlight bezels.

-
Back