77 Dodge Tradesman 100 Shorty Van - New Acquisition

-

YoungBlood

Jolt the Squares
Reaction score
Been on the lookout for a shorty for almost six months; trouble was, with all my financial focus going to the duster, I didn't want to pay $1500-$2000 for a SWB Dodge.

Well, patience paid off because this sweetheart was 15 miles from me, had the 318/Auto I wanted, and was scored for $500!!!!

She has 139k miles. The original owner had it from 77-2010 and put 130k on Her. Second owner (who, not to be a d*ck, didn't need this van to bring down his 'Strange' image any longer) had it a year and put the remaining miles on with regular care.

THE STACK OF MAINTENANCE RECORDS FROM THE ORIGINAL OWNER IS IMPRESSIVE!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say, I got exactly what I wanted. I already had the Cragar S/S stacked in the shed for a couple years, waiting for this day.

Does anyone have a clue what a realistic weight for this van would be?

downsized_0509011915.jpg

0509011908.jpg

0509011906.jpg

0509011907.jpg

My guess on your empty weight would be about 3500-3600 lbs.

Our vol. fire dept. had a 1978 high top 1 ton Maxi-Van ambulance. It was just a bit heavier. I guess the 440 had something to do with it.

" Id rather be shaggin than draggin ".... Cool van.. Any pics of the inside ??

Nice van. I always wanted one to make a parts hauler out of. as far as the weight I would thing mid to high 4k. Judging by the fact my dart weights a little over 3 and my Z71 weights a bit over 5. any future plans?

I also have a short wheel base Ram van with a 318. It's a 94 passenger van with removable seats and windows all around. I looked for 2 years before I found it.

My criteria was...
1) It had to be a Mopar
2) It had to have removable seats
3) It had to be able to tow the boat so it had to have a 318
4) It had to be able to stow a 4x8 sheet of plywood with the doors closed.
5) It has to be the shortest van made

She 'aint pretty but she runs perfectly!

Nice van, you should be a real hit cruising by the playground or camped out down by the river. LOL

Lol

There was a guy at MATS a couple years ago, running 11.70s and lifting a tire in a shorty van. Can you say sleeper??

Cool. A shaggin' wagon! :downtown: :thumblef: :thumleft: :rr: :thumbup: :sign10: :sign12: :toothy8:

Is the weight with or without the water bed and stereo equipment?

Wylde1.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsV48ReyKoo"]YouTube - The Van (1977)[/ame]

Been on the lookout for a shorty for almost six months; trouble was, with all my financial focus going to the duster, I didn't want to pay $1500-$2000 for a SWB Dodge.

Well, patience paid off because this sweetheart was 15 miles from me, had the 318/Auto I wanted, and was scored for $500!!!!

She has 139k miles. The original owner had it from 77-2010 and put 130k on Her. Second owner (who, not to be a d*ck, didn't need this van to bring down his 'Strange' image any longer) had it a year and put the remaining miles on with regular care.

THE STACK OF MAINTENANCE RECORDS FROM THE ORIGINAL OWNER IS IMPRESSIVE!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say, I got exactly what I wanted. I already had the Cragar S/S stacked in the shed for a couple years, waiting for this day.

Does anyone have a clue what a realistic weight for this van would be?

downsized_0509011915.jpg

0509011908.jpg

0509011906.jpg

0509011907.jpg

i like it

Thanks guys!

Cudajim, I had criteria too and was worried the search would take as long as yours. Towing capability was needed for emergencies. Other than that:

1) Mopar
2) SWB
3) V8/Auto
4) Awesome

The title reads 3950 pounds, but it feels a bit lighter; 3700 maybe?...

love it, my parents had a tradesman 200 they bought in the 70s and built a bed with lots of orange and brown shag carpet. it had a bay window and 4 bubble windows, factory sunroof (which i think i still have in my garage rafters) they joined a van club and we went on alot of trips with them. cbs gabbing non stop the whole way, it was good times. it was passed down to me and was rusted like you wouldnt believe . it ultimately got scrapped after i pulled all the good parts off it, still got a few like the rear mount spare tire holder and some other odds and ends.

-
Back