-
Status
Not open for further replies.

dodge freak

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hey, its time to sell my ride. Only owned it for 27 years, lol. its not close to stock and would make a cool ride if your OK with 4 doors. Got 340 engine with MP heads with the big valves, steel crank, KB 10.25 hyper pistons. HP exhaust manifolds from 1968-70. I think least one manifold has no date code on it. Dual quad intake for a 273 engine and a built 904 trans with 3,00 stall converter. Shifts are set up for street use. MSD dist, E curve and 7 box fires the plugs. Got the 8 1/4 rear with 3.91 gears. Has front seats from a 2012 Jeep. Engine & trans runs great, battery is going on 10 years old cranks good but its on its last legs, i love the car but its got to go now. Police style 6 slot steel rims, 5 by 7's Its on Ebay Item ID: 223145242994 1979 Dodge Other | eBay

Don't want to really part it out. Rather sell whole

Its in Michigan, near Detroit. Only want $2,000 or so, its worth more but I want it gone before winter

IMG_2919.JPG

IMG_2889.JPG

IMG_2912.JPG

IMG_2898.JPG

IMG_2897.JPG

IMG_2956.JPG

IMG_2930.JPG

IMG_2924.JPG

IMG_2925.JPG

Last edited:
If its OK with customs, I could drive the car to Ontario. Not sure if I gotta pay duties or fees to sell a car in Canada ?

I took the Greyhound bus from Toronto to Detroit in the past, its a 6 hour ride but gets me back to my home state.

London, Windsor, Hamilton, maybe Niagara Falls. Ottawa is too far. Just drop me off at a bus station and I go from there.

But I gotta check with customs first what is allowed and I would need a non refundable deposit to pay for the fuel which would be costly, it gets 10 to 12 mpg

Got a offer on Ebay, hes in NY and wants to tow it back home.

Plans on picking it up on the 21st. Think I'm going to let him have it, so this might be sold, if he shows up with the cash in hand. I'm taking no deposit cause hes going through Canada to get here and anything can happen. Its a long haul but he claims to have done it before.

Last edited:
you better get your paper work in order. you need(owner) a permit. it takes about 3 days or so. i got caught with a great deal that broke down in canada. i did not want it but it was very cheap, so i gave her the money and thought i could get it inspected and plated but i found out the hard way that the owner must take it across to the U.S.A. do the 3 day thing and then bring it across into canada again. so what did i do? found a rusty one and fixed/transferred what i needed and now it is a canadian. so the seller must get the paper work done first before you travel or spend money on it.

Wow, yeah Canada has lots of things that are different then in the usa.

I winder if me, being a us citizen can just sell a hundred dollar item while on holiday in Canada without getting a permit or work visa,

That old car would not have passed any type of inspection I don't think.

If I ever get another old car, I'm going no newer then say 1963. After that year then seat belts are required and then later on, smog controls, nope, I want a 50's or early 60's car but likely I won;t get anything old again, its just too costly compared to driving a late model car. Besides I;ve been hot rodding around town for almost 40 years, I;m burnt out and people today drive alwful, they really think slower is safer. Not the less time you are on the road, the less time for a accident, nope, they sit in the cars and if they get hit, well the law says its not their fault, so they believe it. Just today I seen a suv that was hit from behind, likely they hit the brakes and stopped the second the light turn yellow, cause "slower is safer" claims the fake new sites..oh yeah, these air bag cars are safer in the crash too, ha ha ha. Maybe cause if you crash one, you are off the road for a longtime, maybe forever...everybody today thinks their cars/suvs are so safe in the crash yet ask them how many they totalled out so far..I've totalled out 2 non air bag cars so far. I want steel bumpers, not air bags, how come NASCAR and others use no air bags if they worked so good ? I don't see school buses, any buses, getting air bags either, hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back