79 rr drag car ?

-

68 notch

Reaction score
blu up the diff as soon as i put on slicks , thought about sticking in a dana 60 and going again but with a warm 440 and 833 i am thinking i am still looking for trouble , i found a 79 roadrunner rust free , cut for tubs , stripped down , ready for a rollcage . thinking that i keep the cuda for the street and jam a bb and auto , narrowed 60 (already have) in the rr and go , looking for ideas , wattya guys think , roadrunner good candidate ?

blu up the diff as soon as i put on slicks , thought about sticking in a dana 60 and going again but with a warm 440 and 833 i am thinking i am still looking for trouble

If the Dana is set up propperly, you won't have any problems. Shove it in the Barracuda and forget about it.

79 RR would be bad ***, besides it's a car you wouldn't feel bad about modifying for racing.

If the Dana is set up propperly, you won't have any problems. Shove it in the Barracuda and forget about it.

would not worry about the dana , but i feel the clutch will be next or if the clutch holds then the trans will pile up . im thinking it'l just be a money pit and the rr too i could butcher it and still sleep at night , the cuda has factory sheet metal , even original windshield

What yr of Cuda and what rear end did ya break. Over the years I ran big old heavy RR's and Chargers all with 440/833/dana 60 never broke a thing (did however fried a few clutch discs) and oh yea a Super B and it was real nasty. Switch to an auto and unless you're pushing 600 HP a 489 or 742 8 3/4 should survive even with stickies.

What yr of Cuda and what rear end did ya break. Over the years I ran big old heavy RR's and Chargers all with 440/833/dana 60 never broke a thing (did however fried a few clutch discs) and oh yea a Super B and it was real nasty. Switch to an auto and unless you're pushing 600 HP a 489 or 742 8 3/4 should survive even with stickies.

68 barracuda notchback 8 3/4 489 rear didnt last 5 feet , course when the light turned green i dumped the clutch and hammered the throttle to the floor , thats what youre supposed to do when your racing

Curious what ya broke, differential housing bearing cap or caps maybe? they're the weak point when you're dumping the clutch.

-
Back