7K RPM's ... Oops! Rev Limiter ???

-
Pour a bottle of Lucus oil treatment in it and twist it to 8000. They sound great after 7500.
Hyup, that's why I shift at 7000/7200 (yes cast crank, circa 1971, but rebalanced professionally).
=================
It may be on the down side of the power curve but so what; she's still spinning the tires . When I bang it into Second, she drops 1500rpm, right smack dab at peak power; and Bam! it keeps right on screaming. That sound is soooo addictive.
7000 in First-over (GVod) is ~65 mph, so shut down time; turn around and repeat. Then dump the passenger, before his bladder leaks all over my seat.
Second gear, should I chose to use it, is good to 82@7000
The Eighth-Mile is 93@6200 in Second over, or ~5750 in Third, by the math...... which is why the 230/237/110 cam, can stay. Otherwise I woulddapulled it cuz it is pretty hard on gas, lol......
===============
I'm telling you guys, you gotta try alloy heads@ 185 psi on 85E10; you'll never go back to 165, never mind the more typical 155 or less; never.
My engine is nothing special, and the heads are OOTB Eddies. The AirGap was new in 2000 and the 750DP is a factory original mid-seventies model, just upjetted a bit.
The Wallace calculator at my race-day weight(3457) and elevation(900); makes 93 to be 433 hp. I firmly believe that the cylinder pressure is a major factor, in achieving the speed, cz honestly the 230 cam is not IMO big enough by itself..

Eights are impressive for a street machine,at least IMO....
I wish you great success; @318willrun .

You got that right AJ. More the merry. At the track, that engine would seriously improve with 93 octane and a slightly more aggressive spark curve. Some power on the table IMO.

I put a HEI setup I got off Ebay for cheap in my 360LA, replaced the stock module and coil with Petronix FF3. The FF3 has a rev limiter and multi spark down low. Win/Win.

My2c.

fetch?id=2833&d=1613180728.jpg

No, I'm saying your not reving high enough.
I said my plan wasn't to rev it more than 6k, and you disagreed !! :eek: That is neither an "agree nor disagree" statement because it was my plan LOL

I said my plan wasn't to rev it more than 6k, and you disagreed !! :eek: That is neither an "agree nor disagree" statement because it was my plan LOL
No need to rev any engine past the point of making power, other than to make noise
Maybe change your cam or cam timing. You have the heads and intake and carb already. Don't be afraid to just stick your foot in it.
An that is not noise at 7000 that the beginning of the sb music to the ears. 7500 is even better.

A red X.
You have hurt me deeply. I will never be the same.
You have such great potential but I think you're afraid to take that step into the sevens. I will say no more on the subject.

A red X.
You have hurt me deeply. I will never be the same.
You have such great potential but I think you're afraid to take that step into the sevens. I will say no more on the subject.
I will get into the 7's without getting into the 7's :realcrazy:

A red X for wishing you the best?
How deep goes the cut to my heart. Now you are twisting the blade.

Im gonna undead this thread. @318willrun Did you ever solve this? I'm looking for a cheaper than the fbo module alternative to a rev limiter also. Is there anyway to wire one in to the factory mopar ecu? I don't wanna go with a hei swap I'd rather leave my factory ecu ans dissy alone. I did a wot pull yesterday and broke traction in 2nd gear and it hit about 7 grand scared the poo out of me. I need bigger tires for sure !

Im gonna undead this thread. @318willrun Did you ever solve this? I'm looking for a cheaper than the fbo module alternative to a rev limiter also. Is there anyway to wire one in to the factory mopar ecu? I don't wanna go with a hei swap I'd rather leave my factory ecu ans dissy alone. I did a wot pull yesterday and broke traction in 2nd gear and it hit about 7 grand scared the poo out of me. I need bigger tires for sure !
I'll have to go back and see what this thread was about ... :D

I'll have to go back and see what this thread was about ... :D
oK .. :D :D had to go back and see what my own thread was about.

I haven't done anything with Drag Truck. And that's sad. But that's going to change. She'll still spin up to 7k if I don't watch her .... :)

stock red stripe springs thin head gasket g/k 243@50 508 lift 108 lsa a few cocktails 3.23s 26.99 tire 727 lost a cylinder@7200 rpm in 1st

I haven't done anything with Drag Truck. And that's sad. But that's going to change. She'll still spin up to 7k if I don't watch her .... :)
Ok gotcha lol I was thinking about the fbo module I just don't want to spend 300 bucks on it. I'm like you im cheap lol well not so much cheap but poor haha if I had it I'd spend it I just don't have it! Haha

I just want to second the previous post about the MSD Soft Touch, You have to set it 2-300rpm higher than what You wish to "limit" it to at max power/shift point, it will start hurting power long before You reach the set-point & cost You a bit of HP.

Mid to late 70s technology
Adjustable Rev limiter built in tach
80s version was bigger with a light also !!!
Price shown is current on EBAY

Screenshot_20230930-234918.png

-
Back