Status
Not open for further replies.

phish1270

phish1270
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a 3:55 pinion gear for an 8 1/4 rear end. I got a 3:55 ring gear out of a Dakota at Pull-a-Part but could not get the pinion. Located in 28078. Please PM if you have one & are willing to sell. Thanks

I could be all wrong about this but I don't think it is advisable to put two different gears from different rearends together I think that each has established a wear pattern. If I have this all wrong somebody correct me.

I could be all wrong about this but I don't think it is advisable to put two different gears from different rearends together I think that each has established a wear pattern. If I have this all wrong somebody correct me.

i wouldnt do it thats for sure can u say HOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL :toothy10:

You need to take a big pipe wrench with you to hold the yolk so you can get the pinion nut off. Next time use the e brake to hold the rear while you remove the pinion nut first, then you can pull the carrier. The rear will howl like a wolf if you use another pinion gear.

Looking for a 3:55 pinion gear for an 8 1/4 rear end. I got a 3:55 ring gear out of a Dakota at Pull-a-Part but could not get the pinion. Located in 28078. Please PM if you have one & are willing to sell. Thanks
You don't know anything about automobiles. LOL. Rear end gears are a matched set. You can scrap the ring gear. Hunky

Glenn,

8.25 open center and 2.74 ring and pinion gears $60.00 plus shipping - in the parts section - good highway gear - easy on gas - gears are good - Sam

P.S. just need to pick up a crush sleeve ($5 or $6 at NAPA) and put the rear back together

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back