8 1/4 rear axle

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the measurements for springs and drum-to-drum faces? I may want this for my '66 signet, I'm just in Alameda. Thanks!

i read somewhere you cannot change out 2.45 gears since the case is different and oinly accepts 2.45, is this true? im interested but id want to swap in 3.23 SG and cant afford to pay $200 on a rear i cant modify

Boy..thats a good question.one i dont have a answer for..can anyone comment on that...tx..j

The carrier is the part that can not use anything higher than a 2.94 gear. But seeing as you want to put a sure grip in it you will have no problem. I did the same swap in my 72 dart. Somone just gave me a 8 1/4 that apperently came out of a 74 dart (had 11in drums for some reason) and I put a 3.55 sure grip in it no problem. Just make sure you are buying the parts for the right year, after 1990 (I belive) the 8 1/4s went to 28 splines from 27.

2.45's....75mph @ 1600rpms and 25mpg hahahaha Probably do 200mph in a 500hp car those are some talllllllll gears lol Great price though, someone get on this! glwts!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back