[WANTED] 8-1/4 rear end assembly 3.21 gears (VA)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

KJDs73

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking to upgrade my 7-3/4 rear in my '73 Duster w/ 318. I'd prefer sure grip, but open is OK as well. I'm in Central VA and will travel a few hundred miles if needed.

Look for a jeep dana 30 in the junkyard most had track locks that will drop right in.

Last edited:
Yes only difference is the ring gear is jeep specific, ten bolts instead of 12 if you ever change the ratio. There are threads on this here if you do a search.

I was looking for a complete rear actually. I have an 8.8 Ford w/ 3.73 LSD, but I'm not sure I want to go to all the trouble of cutting down the left side axle tube and I really don't want a 3.73 ratio for just cruising around. The 3.21 ratio would be spot on for me

Correction, fat finger syndrome.....car currently has a 7-1/4" rear. Appreciate the info H-hops. I'm going to do some more research and see what may be out there to fit. I just know my engine has a little too much gusto for that 7-1/4 rear.

That’s true but you also don’t drag the car and beat it up. The 8-1/4 is a very good rear. Though I would t push it with 500hp… or really the torque the 440 is pumping out.

I have a 65 b body 8 3/4. New brakes, new paint, and pads moved to 43 in center to center. Should work well in a duster. No center section $600.
Also have a duster 8 1/4 , 2.45 open for 150$

I'd love to get that 8-1/4 and I can swap in a sure-grip along with some different gears, but not sure I want to make the 5 hr one-way drive. I'm in central VA. I'm not saying no and I appreciate the offer, I just need to think about that one for a bit. Thanks again

I'd love to get that 8-1/4 and I can swap in a sure-grip along with some different gears, but not sure I want to make the 5 hr one-way drive. I'm in central VA. I'm not saying no and I appreciate the offer, I just need to think about that one for a bit. Thanks again
i have a few sets of 8.25-- 3.21 gears if you need them..

Thanks to everyone who responded. I think I'm going to go ahead and run the 8.8 Ferd rear I had sitting in my shop. I went ahead and cut down the left side axle and grabbed another right side short axle for it. We'll see how it goes I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back