-
Status
Not open for further replies.

TA head 69?

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
FREE Mopar 8.25 open diff 2:45 gear rear end. Complete. 43" perch centers. 57" flange to flange. Was in a 69 dart I recently found. I believe the tallest gear you can put in this housing is a 2:75. Comes with a stock 4 speed yoke drive shaft complete.
FREE
Come pick it up. I'll give it a week then it goes to the street for the scrap metal collector. Sorry. Wont palletize it.
Ellenton, Florida. South of Tampa.

20240911_164000.jpg

Hello Mark. Thanks for the reply. Didn't plan on the Ocala show. This rear end is wider than an a body 8 3/4 at 52 5/8. The fender lips on my dart have been rolled in. Probably a result of the rear end width and the 10" rear rims and street radials. The 2:45 gear probably killed the build with the car sitting years and the owner passing away. The bolt pattern is 4.5 x 5. After getting the car back together and driving around the block I realized the housing limit 2:75 gear was a no go. Maybe in an automatic the 2:45 gear will be ok but in a 4 spd from a dead stop the disc won't last long from slipping it to get the car moving. But if your going to the bonneville salt flats, this is the one. The gears looked fine and the gear oil was normal dirty. As for the bearings I can't say as I literally idled around the block in first gear. Thanks.

So is this a B body rearend ?
Here is the correct width chart if that helps.

Last edited:
Hello Mark. Thanks for the reply. Didn't plan on the Ocala show. This rear end is wider than an a body 8 3/4 at 52 5/8. The fender lips on my dart have been rolled in. Probably a result of the rear end width and the 10" rear rims and street radials. The 2:45 gear probably killed the build with the car sitting years and the owner passing away. The bolt pattern is 4.5 x 5. After getting the car back together and driving around the block I realized the housing limit 2:75 gear was a no go. Maybe in an automatic the 2:45 gear will be ok but in a 4 spd from a dead stop the disc won't last long from slipping it to get the car moving. But if your going to the bonneville salt flats, this is the one. The gears looked fine and the gear oil was normal dirty. As for the bearings I can't say as I literally idled around the block in first gear. Thanks.
You're confusing two different measurements. Your 57" drum to drum IS an a body. The 52 1/8" figure if housing flange to housing flange, not drum to drum. You have an A body rear end.

Would offset tires rub with this a body axle on a later b body (1971++)?
I have no clue. Depends on the offset. We need to stifle the conversation here. Not allowed in the classifieds. Start a thread and give us more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back