-
Status
Not open for further replies.

ktcnn94

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
looking for an 8.25 complete rear for my '71 swinger, preferably sbp and hopefully close to 25901
thanks.

was not aware of that, thank you. that being said i'll have to revise my ad. can you buy a gear for the 7.25 anymore. I see a couple online but they say theyre from a dokota or something. are they the same or is it specific for that A body 7.25 housing.

im assuming by the application chart on summits site that all 7 1/4's are the same no matter the year but you know what can happen when you assume.

looking for an 8.25 complete rear for my '71 swinger, preferably sbp and hopefully close to 25901
thanks.

I will have a free, complete drum to drum 7.25 SBP rear out of my 65 Dart wagon available in the next month or so if you can wait that long. Unknown as to gear ratio - I'm thinking either 2.76, 2.94 or maybe even a 3.23. Looks like I'm about 4 hours away - not close at all.

65 dartman, yes I can wait that long for sure thank you. i'd be willing to drive down and pick it up if its a good ratio otherwise don't get me wrong it wouldn't be worth the drive ive got a 276 I think in mine now. im gonna look at it a little closer pretty soon, I don't see a tag on the cover so im trying to find a good way to tell without taking the cover off. I read somewhere there is a stamping on the axle tube but haven't dug into that yet maybe tonite. but yes i'll take that one if the gear is a good one and THANK YOU sir.

ive got a 276 I think in mine now. im gonna look at it a little closer pretty soon, I don't see a tag on the cover so im trying to find a good way to tell without taking the cover off. I read somewhere there is a stamping on the axle tube but haven't dug into that yet maybe tonite. but yes i'll take that one if the gear is a good one and THANK YOU sir.

Easy way to tell is to rotate one of the wheels 1 rotation and after marking the u-joint, count the number of times it turns. About 2& 3/4 times would be a 2.76; about 3 times would be a 2.93 or 2.94 and so on. I think that's correct and I don't have it bass ackwards.

sent from my iPhone

Easy way to tell is to rotate one of the wheels 1 rotation and after marking the u-joint, count the number of times it turns. About 2& 3/4 times would be a 2.76; about 3 times would be a 2.93 or 2.94 and so on. I think that's correct and I don't have it bass ackwards. sent from my iPhone
this is true and not bass ackwards

yeah ive read that, thought id give it a try tonite after work. thanks for the input though. let me know when you've got that rear out and we'll make arrangements

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back