8.25 rebuild

-

73NorthernDuste

Reaction score
Hey all

Looking at rebuilding my 8.25 over the winter as it is on it's last legs...Since 8.75's are hard to find and expensive to rebuild I am going to stick with the 8.25 as is should hold up to my street only car. Looking for some advice on part manufacturers...

Axles Looking at a set from dutchman for $235.00
http://www.dutchmanaxles.com/index....-axle-shafts/rear-axles/c-clip-axle-pair.html

Sure grip my two choices are the MP P4529273 from summit for 313 or a spicer ds73101 new for 234.00. they look like they are the same unit. I have an auburn now but it is on it's last legs.

last I'll need a new ring and pinion. 3.21 ratio. looking at yukon vs superior. should I spring the extra 50 bucks for the superior or is there another brand that will work well.

Thanks in advance for any advice...

Brent

73, thx for the heads up on that Spicer. That's an excellent price for a new unit, about what folks ask for a used.

I ordered Dutchman axles through Doctor Diff. I am using the modern 29 spline Dana Trac-Loc that came in the 5.9L Durango R/Ts. More splines, bigger C-clips, larger button heads, smaller center pin.

As far as gears, you could likely find a good set of used 3.21s from a V6 Dakota. I scored my 3.55s for $40 from a guy who upgraded his V6 Dak to 3.92s. :cheers:

Also, are you sticking with Drum brakes, or going to take the plunge and upgrade to Jeep Discs?

My Dutchmans (right):

Splinesmall.jpg

FlangeSmall.jpg

-
Back