8.25 suregrip setup

-
it just shows the persons cart, not your cart... you need to post each link individually...

Fixed sorry guys, thought I could just post my cart to make it all a bit easier

Thus, im an idiot ;)

Fixed sorry guys, thought I could just post my cart to make it all a bit easier

it would work but each computer remembers what you saved so it pulls that up, not whats on yours...

anyways the suregrip is nice! im looking at the true-trac for my 73

it would work but each computer remembers what you saved so it pulls that up, not whats on yours...

anyways the suregrip is nice! im looking at the true-trac for my 73

I am broke, so it all comes down to price, that's the cheapest set up I could price, plus I have a spare 8 1/4 I can start to rebuild while I still drive my car

depending on what you are doing and your set-up, I would go with a 355 for the street if you are driving it all the time and getting on the highway. but I have no clue what you are working with. a very nice little set-up there

I am broke, so it all comes down to price, that's the cheapest set up I could price, plus I have a spare 8 1/4 I can start to rebuild while I still drive my car

notice axle splines... i dont know what these have in them stock so before you order anything check! the one under my 73 is the first ive played with and havn't even pulled the cover lol...

depending on what you are doing and your set-up, I would go with a 355 for the street if you are driving it all the time and getting on the highway. but I have no clue what you are working with. a very nice little set-up there

stock they are 3.21 so why bother really... i mean for the money its not much of a gain...

notice axle splines... i dont know what these have in them stock so before you order anything check! the one under my 73 is the first ive played with and havn't even pulled the cover lol...

stock they are 3.21 so why bother really... i mean for the money its not much of a gain...
true and good point, if you are going to spend the money , might as well make it worth it.

I called randys ring and pinion and they told me to go with a 3.91 I was going to do a 4.10 but they said that was to much. Splines are 27 late 1995 and up are 29 spline.

The car is a driver/cruiser

I called randys ring and pinion and they told me to go with a 3.91 I was going to do a 4.10 but they said that was to much. Splines are 27 late 1995 and up are 29 spline.

The car is a driver/cruiser

what size tire?

http://www.drivetrain.com/parts_catalog/ring_and_pinions/chrysler_8.25_ring_and_pinion_sets.html
I beleive this is the same trac loc DTS75101X but under the Dana brand for $245.80 It does say prices on website may not be up to date, but they also offer $10 off for registering on their facebook page so it's not 10 years old or something LOL!

and here for $284.77 with free shipping
http://4wheelonline.com/Trac_Lock_Traction_Differentials_.241.1855

Can you tell I've been looking for one as well?

what size tire?

Max right now, I have the largest tire on the back that the stock suspension will allow, though they are my dads tires/wheels from his roadrunner I will be buying the exact same size tires for my magnum 500's

http://www.drivetrain.com/parts_catalog/ring_and_pinions/chrysler_8.25_ring_and_pinion_sets.html
I beleive this is the same trac loc DTS75101X but under the Dana brand for $245.80 It does say prices on website may not be up to date, but they also offer $10 off for registering on their facebook page so it's not 10 years old or something LOL!

and here for $284.77 with free shipping
http://4wheelonline.com/Trac_Lock_Traction_Differentials_.241.1855

Can you tell I've been looking for one as well?

but for 55.00 difference do you think the mopar suregrip unit would be better then the dana unit?

Why do you want to go so low on the gears? But to answer your original question I have an 8.25 with 4.10 gears. I have absolutely no concerns as to whether this will hold up or not. (mid 12s on slicks) There's one thing to remember. The lower the gears the less stress you put on the rear end.

-
Back