8-3/4 brake gap/ standoff odd measurement

-
Either the bearing is to thick for the Axle housing end , or the lock collar is hitting the seal.

Either the bearing is to thick for the Axle housing end , or the lock collar is hitting the seal.
I’ll try the bearing seal. The new bearing dimensions are the same as far as thickness. Old bearing has a step new one has snap ring only difference.

You must insert BOTH axles to test the clearance between the housing end and snap ring. If the axles are made to the stock length, they will not seat unless an 1/8" shim is installed.

You must insert BOTH axles to test the clearance between the housing end and snap ring. If the axles are made to the stock length, they will not seat unless an 1/8" shim is installed.
What’s the reason they won’t seat just curious ? Imprint test I did said there’s clearance in the middle, axle seal has room.

The center thrust block slides side to side. If you install both axles, the problem will become obvious.

It’s hard to see in post 14 but all that’s in there is a vertical solid pin. Nothing horizontally where the splines are I’ve had them in at the same time. Same results

So I took the third member out. The actual splines inside tapper down at the end preventing the axles from seating. Hard to tell in there but that’s the issue have to shave them down
B3AEF55C-E18C-4469-BC33-711CD7456CF2.jpeg

F118B0C1-46D6-4C4E-B220-B11CDF360EEC.jpeg
Trust me, those spline DO NOT taper down.
There’s a solid ridge on the splines (neck down tapper/ beveled )inside the third member that won’t let the axle through to the center pin. I always see threads that don’t follow through with issues that the person is having. Well this is the issue

Well you can say what you want. I’ve refurbished more cone Sure Grips than there is days in a year. I bebeive believe what your pointing at is one of two metal plates that the springs set on. Not sure by the picture. The axle slides thru the side axle gear then thru the cone that does the locking in the rear. Unless your SG is damaged.

Well you can say what you want. I’ve refurbished more cone Sure Grips than there is days in a year. I bebeive believe what your pointing at is one of two metal plates that the springs set on. Not sure by the picture. The axle slides thru the side axle gear then thru the cone that does the locking in the rear. Unless your SG is damaged.
I believe your expertise but whatever it is it’s not letting it through . May be hard to see in pictures. It will be coming apart for a 3.91 gear and I’ll have the ring and pinion show inspect it. Thanks for your help

-
Back