8 3/4 fit help please!

-

macman340

Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Just finished a 70's A body, 8 3/4 with new BBP axles, poly bushing etc, and about to bolt into my 64 Dart Convertible, but it doesn't appear to be lining up to the stock holes in the frame! Did I puts the cart before the horse?? Do I need to move the spring perches!
Or should it bolt right up? I can loosen everything to give me a little wiggle room!

Thanks FABO

Hang the springs on the car first, then attach the rear axle to the springs. keep the bolts a little bit loose until you get the rear end mounted to the springs. That's how I just did it

Your brake backing plates are on the wrong sides, the E-brake holes face forward. -Jed

looks like 10x2.5 later backing plates...not left/right specific...two e brake cable holes.

looks like 10x2.5 later backing plates...not left/right specific...two e brake cable holes.
Cool, learned something new. ALL of my stuff has been older with no holes stamped threw the back side flats. Thanks -Jed

Ive stripped a lot of them off F and M bodies and it surprised me when I first saw it. Makes sense...only need 1 die/stamp, 1 part number. Saved money for Chrysler.

Gotter Done! Thank you everyone, it just took a little wiggling to get everything in place! Anyone have torque specs / reference to everything back there?

I speak from experience. ...don't over-tighten the rear leaf spring shackles. ..
I ignorantly put the hurt on mine not understanding the springs/shackles need to articulate. Talk about a rough bumpy ride!
I loosened them up and it was a night a day differance!

Forgive me if you already knew this!

Jeff

-
Back