8 3/4 vent location

-

FJ5

Reaction score
Okay, I received my inline tube rear break lines. The lines are a perfect match for the 7 1/4 I removed from the car. But the "T" or vent hole location is not in the same spot as the 7 1/4. The 8 3/4 is further inboard by about 2 inches so the left line is too short and the right line is too long.

Are the vents all supposed to be in the same location, or was the guy that made mine drunk that day?

I don't know if this was an original "A" body rear end or if it was cut at some earlier time.

were there different vent hole locations for the A,B,E bodies?

In 1970, the distribution block was moved on the A body 8 3/4", further down the tube away from the center! This has gotten many people in trouble when ordering lines, so you need to identify which housing you have! Pre-1970 will have the splitter block riding up on the hump of the center a bit, and 1970 and later is down the tube a couple few inches! Hope this helps, Geof

well after more research of this site I think the easiest solution would be to simply relocate the vent hole. Weld up the old one and make a new one where it will match the lines..

you posted that just as i hit submit. So now i think i could order pre 1970 lines and be okay.

-
Back