8 3/4 whats it fit?

-

71Demon

Reaction score
Have an 8 3/4 housing that measure 52 5/8 flange to flange with 43" spring perch centers. What does this one fit?

-- Have an 8 3/4 housing that measure 52 5/8 flange to flange with 43" spring perch centers. What does this one fit? --
-- 43" perch is for an A-Body. - In the info below, I'm not sure what is meant by "track". - The housing that you refer to may have been cut - not sure.

Attachments

• Mopar Housings.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 182
Trust me, its a "A" body housing. Most of those charts are misleading, or in a lot of cases, dead wrong.

Those dimensions you gave are for a stock A body housing the page listed above is incorrect , stock A body 8 3/4 measures 52 5/8" flange to flange , with 43" center to center spring perches

I believe what is meant by track is drum to drum outside, that could be correct if that's what they mean by " track"

-- I'm not sure what is meant by "track". -
-- Does anyone know what this means ?? -- I'm sure you guys are correct, about A-Body dimensions. -- Just wondering about this. --- jtkaaa07 you beat me to the draw. -- Thanks -- Dick

The track is the center to center distance of the factory mounted wheels. If your wheels are a different offset from the factory, then the track changes. The factory rims IIRC were a zero offset wheel, thus making the track equal to the drum to drum measurement.
And as was said, only A-bodies ever had a 43 inch perch CC

EDIT;But if the factory wheels were a 1 inch positive offset, then the track would be 2 inches less than the drum to drum measurement.Similarly, if the wheels were 1 inch negative offset, then the track would be 2 inches more than the D to D. So bottom line is this; without knowing the oem wheel offset, the track width measurement is useless.

Drum to drum is 57 1/8", that chart is bad, I just measured a stock setup I have, and it matches the right charts I have

Thanks everyone, I bought this many years ago and was told it was a body. Glad it is finally confirmed. Thanks so much.

- Drum to drum is 57 1/8", that chart is bad, I just measured a stock setup I have, and it matches the right charts I have -
--
Can you post a copy of your charts ? -- Handy to have. -- Thanks

-
Back