8 3/4 worth

-

SteveC124

Reaction score
What would you pay for a complete b-body 8 3/4 with 742 case, 4:10 gears. Looking for rear ends but they seem to have a variety of values. Thanks

if your going to narrow anyway, alternative is an 8.8 or even a Mopar 9.25.

What would you pay for a complete b-body 8 3/4 with 742 case, 4:10 gears. Looking for rear ends but they seem to have a variety of values. Thanks

I bought a B body open diff with 489 center, 2.76 gears complete for 100 bucks. Modified/rebuilt it and it resides under my car.

how much did you invest in modifications and rebuild?

Bought a used clutch suregrip, all new seals and bearings, brake lines, wheel cylinders, shoes and new hardware and had the drums turned. An additional 500 bucks, now I have a new rear with 3:55 suregrip.........total 600 bucks and my time

Bought a used clutch suregrip, all new seals and bearings, brake lines, wheel cylinders, shoes and new hardware and had the drums turned. An additional 500 bucks, now I have a new rear with 3:55 suregrip.........total 600 bucks and my time
so to pay 1000 for one that's mostly ready to run wouldn't be so bad

so to pay 1000 for one that's mostly ready to run wouldn't be so bad

Probably not, as long as everything has been gone through/replaced. I probably have 40 hours in the rebuild by the time you move the perches, clean, paint and assemble the whole thing. I also fabricated a back brace for mine.

I also had to buy a dial indicator and magnetic base and build the tools for changing out the ring & pinion.

Probably not, as long as everything has been gone through/replaced. I probably have 40 hours in the rebuild by the time you move the perches, clean, paint and assemble the whole thing. I also fabricated a back brace for mine.

I also had to buy a dial indicator and magnetic base and build the tools for changing out the ring & pinion.
more like $2000

-
Back