-
Status
Not open for further replies.

65 Valiant

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
who has a 8 3/4 A-body rearend and don't want it any longer?
Still searching for my 65 Valiant project a nice rear axle.
I still have one but it's from a B-body and only the housing. It's very hard to collect all the needed parts like drums with 4,5" bolt circle and so on. So i try to find a complete one.

Must fit early A-bodys from 63-66.

thx JAN

I have 3 A body 8 3/4s,dont know about not wanting them any longer.Small bolt

I have 3 A body 8 3/4s,dont know about not wanting them any longer.Small bolt

small bolt-damn. Don't know if the A-body 8 3/4 axle has always a small bolt circle!? Need one with the 4,5"

case?

Your gonna have to order LBP axels from Moser,Yukon or Strange for your A-body housing,unless somebody has already done the swap.You could always bolt in an 73up 8 1/4 with s.g(already LBP)depending on HP??If running a mild build?The 8 1/4 is your best bet.Good luck.

Your gonna have to order LBP axels from Moser,Yukon or Strange for your A-body housing,unless somebody has already done the swap.You could always bolt in an 73up 8 1/4 with s.g(already LBP)depending on HP??If running a mild build?The 8 1/4 is your best bet.Good luck.

thx for info

i will try to collect all the needed stuff. Must cut the B-body axle and have to weld new together so that it will fit. I think the stock A-body size must be 51,4 isn't it?
My B-body axle ist too long.

Not trying to argue, but no they didn't.
yup they did
if its BBP it is not stock A-body its B-body or the axles have been changed to aftermarket or cut down C=body
the 7 1/4 was the only A-body rear available in small or big bolt
the 8 1/4 was only available in big bolt circle

I think the stock A-body size must be 51,4 isn't it?
My B-body axle ist too long.

And the mopar rear axle chart rears it's ugly head again!

Flange to flange, an A body rear axle is 52 5/8"

You can use a B rear with the correct offset wheels.

And the mopar rear axle chart rears it's ugly head again!

Flange to flange, an A body rear axle is 52 5/8"

You can use a B rear with the correct offset wheels.

Aha. So you think i don't have to cut down my B-body to A-body measures?
What offset wheels i have to choose?

thx JAN

The A-body housing being 52 5/8 and the B-body housing being 53 /8?(not sure of the B-body width)but think its somewhere around 1-1 1/2 inches wider than B-body?Just divide the diff.by 2 and add to your A-body b.space.

I re-drilled the A Body axles for the bigger bolt pattern 25 years ago and still haven't a problem in my Signet

Really dont understand the problem-It costs 50.00 plus labor to redrill small bolt to big bolt.

Here is a good reference for axle/housing lengths

http://www.moparts.org/Tech/Archive/axle/16.html

The B will fit with the right wheels. Best to move the perches in 1/2" each side on most B rears or spread the springs.

nice link, but there are only named 66 and up A-bodys
i have a 65 Valiant-so a pre 66 model. Isn't there a difference between pre 66 and up 66 models?? Think so.

nice link, but there are only named 66 and up A-bodys
i have a 65 Valiant-so a pre 66 model. Isn't there a difference between pre 66 and up 66 models?? Think so.
You should be able to bolt an A-body rear in no problem.Now the B,you,ll have to move perches in or spread your springs as Crackedback had mentioned.

didnt the later like 74' 360 Abody cars have large bolt?..those were 8 3/4 right?..or were they just the 8 1/4? w posi?..

didnt the later like 74' 360 Abody cars have large bolt?..those were 8 3/4 right?..or were they just the 8 1/4? w posi?..

1972 was the last year for the 8 3/4 in the A bodies...

my 73 Duster has LBP...but it came with 8 1/4....but was replaced

So even the 340 and 360 dusters had only small bolt pattern wheels? Interesting.

what is the best aftermarket posi unit for a 8 3/4 for street/ strip? looking to rebuild one...? and will the gears ring & pinon out a non posi unit still work?..sorry dont mean to thread jack just looking for info...

no maybe just choice and selection of wheels for your car i like the stock Rallyes so it doesnt really matter..

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back