8.75 Axle vent

-

69dart340

Reaction score
I went to check the fluid in my rear and while loosening the plug it was hissing real loud and gear lube shot out as soon as I got the plug out. I'm assuming my axle vent is plugged, but none of the parts stores have it.

Where can I get one from? It looks like a simple design and I even thought about making one, but I want the right piece in there.

Thanks,
Ben

I tried to clean it, but even after soaking it and blasting it with brake clean I can barely blow through it.

I thought about making one out of a pipe nipple, but it also holds the brake block in place. I guess I could get the correct length with a cap in it to hold the block in place, and as Supershafts suggested drill a small hole in it with a hose.

Thanks!

The vent cap on top should wobble around and you should be able to blow through the passageway fairly easily. Use some carb cleaner and run a small wire up inside to see if it will loosen up any crud inside then hit it with some compressed air to blow it out. If you have to, pry the cap off and clean it out that way. Just remember to crimp it back on so it doesn't fall off in the road.

If you can't get yours working correctly, I have a good used one for sale. $10 delivered.
Thanks, Mark

-
Back