8.75 durability for big block street/ Strip

-
Two of my Duster’s have Dana’s, heads up car has a 9 inch, and my sons Duster has a 8 3/4. We have them all covered. Lol.

Two of my Duster’s have Dana’s, heads up car has a 9 inch, and my sons Duster has a 8 3/4. We have them all covered. Lol.

If I was doing a drag car, or a heads up deal I’d use the 9. Mostly because gear selection for the Dana now sucks ***.

If I thought I could get the correct gear ratio with the Dana I’d still use it.

If I was doing a drag car, or a heads up deal I’d use the 9. Mostly because gear selection for the Dana now sucks ***.

If I thought I could get the correct gear ratio with the Dana I’d still use it.

Ya I have three center sections for the 9 inch. 4.30’s are in it now just to plug the hole and for NA passes. I bought a set of 3.89’s I have to set up for NOS. That and the 1.69 low gear I put in my powerglide will take some hit out of it.

Simple question then, ....why? To get rid of the locker in favor of the gear limited slip?
Main reason is gear selection. I came to the conclusion that I needed a 3.90 gear in the car and that ratio doesn't exist for the S60 at the moment. Plus I needed a wider housing for the new wheels and I wanted to switch to a different differential. So when I added it all up the only answer was a new 9 inch.

-
Back