10   0   0
Contact seller
8 3/4 plates and 3 good used u-bolts
$40.00 delivered in usa

for sale 005.jpg

for sale 006.jpg

for sale 007.jpg

for sale 008.jpg

here's a pair of 8.75's (top pic)...7.25's in bottom pic...look different to me...(shrug)

On your 7.25's as shown what's the distance between the vertical bolt holes. Edge to edge shouldn't it be less than 3" for a 7.25 ?

65 Val

if you are trying to make a point, why are the photos from a different perspective?

Those aren't my photos...I got them from the 'net. They're just meant to show the different shape of the 7.25 ones compared to the 8.75. Thats how I tell the difference if I dont have a tape measure handy.

I measured the axle tubes on my '67 Dart 7.25 and they are 2.5 in. outside. I also measured an a body 8.75 housing I have and those tubes are 3" outside.

See attached photo...

If the measurement between the white lines is 3", then it will fit an 8.75. If its 2.5", then it fits a 7.25.

Like I say, I determine 7.25 plates from 8.75 plates by the shape of the contours in the plate itself.

This thread is kind of going off the "sell" part so to clear things up I took a pic of what drive48 sold me. I commend the observation in the difference in the plate geography. That only shows concern for all members, buyers AND seller. What drive48 sold IS correct albeit the plate geography differs from some other versions. This is just one of the great things about FABO; I know I learned something. THX and regards to all. Sorry for the poor quality of the quick pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back