8.8 Explorer rear end almost kicked my rear...

-

greenhornet

Reaction score
You guys weren't kidding about it being uh b!t(h to pull that short side axle tube out of the center section on a 8.8 Explorer rear end.. I'm hard headed, I had to try it... It's out, I cut most of the center section out from around the tube (it was my axle tube doner 8.8 ).. Where I live you can't get a machine shop to even talk to you unless it's a mega dollar job, so I try and do almost everything myself.. I don't have a year and a half to wait on them to "get to it"... I don't want to cut and shorten the long tube, I want the tube to be solid, if y'all saw how some of these guys weld and fab around here you would understand.. Heres my plan, get the long tube out of my good 8.8 and stick the short tube in, spot weld it, then take it to a pro-welder to finish the welding...

I just wanted to see what the whole set up looked like, now I know the easiest way to remove my long tube without damagein my center section.. I thought about freezein it when I try and put the tube in, I just forget which part to freeze...

freeze the part you want to shrink (the tube) and heat the part you want to get bigger (the housing).

Just think about yourself... You wrap your arms around yourself and "get small" when you are cold. and when you are hot you want to spread out to let the heat escape.

Anyone remember what spring perches fit the 8.8 ?? 9" rear end perches fit don't they??? I have some mid-90's s-10 rear leafs, I'm going to add some to my Valiants stock leafs in the front to stiffin them up alittle, mite install acouple of the GT Stang rear faceing quad shocks and a pinion snubber for traction, it's a sleeper, I can't hang a big-O set of yellow traction bars under there..

-
Back