8.8 Ford swap

-

BigBlockMopar28

Reaction score
Hey guys. I need a good rear end for my dart, and I've heard that the Ford 8.8 is a decent budget swap. What modifications would I have to make in order to fit an 8.8 into my '73 dart? Thanks

There is a good detailed thread at the top of the drivetrain page.

Pipe cutter, a second short side axle and some spring perches, as well as a good welder working a good welder.

Hey guys. I need a good rear end for my dart, and I've heard that the Ford 8.8 is a decent budget swap. What modifications would I have to make in order to fit an 8.8 into my '73 dart? Thanks
I've done the welding for the housing, installed Moser axles, made my own leaf spring perches with shock mounts and had her bolted under my 73 Swinger for months now. I'm doing brake lines and need to know who sells the hard brake lines for this rear housing? I got my 8.8 from a Crown Visc and both sides of the brakes are rubber flex lines :-(

I've done the welding for the housing, installed Moser axles, made my own leaf spring perches with shock mounts and had her bolted under my 73 Swinger for months now. I'm doing brake lines and need to know who sells the hard brake lines for this rear housing? I got my 8.8 from a Crown Visc and both sides of the brakes are rubber flex lines :-(

It was not very professional looking but I have ran hard lines on a few different cars starting with just a piece of straight brake line. I wouldn’t blame you for wanting the factory Stuff though.

It was not very professional looking but I have ran hard lines on a few different cars starting with just a piece of straight brake line. I wouldn’t blame you for wanting the factory Stuff though.
"factory"? :) I'm mixing a Ford with a Mopar. Not too many gearheads are going to shine on that :) I want to just run hard lines to a block and a flex line to the main rear line. Nothing fancy. Nothingg special. It's the fitting that I'm interested in. You think I can just buy that at our local crappy Auto Zone and run my tubing from there?

"factory"? :) I'm mixing a Ford with a Mopar. Not too many gearheads are going to shine on that :) I want to just run hard lines to a block and a flex line to the main rear line. Nothing fancy. Nothingg special. It's the fitting that I'm interested in. You think I can just buy that at our local crappy Auto Zone and run my tubing from there?
Any distribution block in the proper diameter should work fine. Then just buy some tubing and bend em up.

-
Back