8.8 Questions

-

Glue Man

Reaction score
For those of you who have successfully swapped the 8.8 into your A-body, what is the maximum rim size you could put under your car. Ive got a lead on some 18x7.5 challenger wheels and I cant figure out if they are too big or not. Im picking up my 8.8 tonight and plan on shortening the one side (thanks to this website).

I should mention this is going into a 68 Valiant.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

put mine in some days ago, longer side shortened to equal length. 1968 Valiant, too. 8" Rims should be no problem with 4 - 4.5" Backspace. Which Diameter is the tire? I see no Problem for 245/60-15 or 235/70-15 (that´s what i wanna use on the street). Bigger diameter will get close in the front of the wheel well.

Michael

no, i mean what tire you want to use on this 7.5x18" rim? maybe it´s comparable to the tires i want to use in width / diameter. Tell us!

Michael

The rear, once cut down should be 56 1/2" total width. Johnparts is running a 56 7/8 wide rear with 20x10" wheel with 4.5" backspacing, and 285/40/20's on his Scamp. If yours is not minitubbed it will fit an 8" wheel easily. I would build a wood template based on the wheel dimensions and see if it fits before you buy.
Here is a link to his build, if he will help you figure out yours:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=95904&page=2

Build a wood template like the one in the rear of this pic:
bustedshock011.jpg

Jrlegacy23, thanks for e great info and the link to that guys build. Very helpful. Making a wood template is a great idea.

-
Back