80 Amp at idle Alt-Denso

-

spl440

Everybody's Fool
Reaction score
Need an Alternator with at least 80 amp at idle for the electric fans and other electrical loads that I have and maybe adding EFI in near future. Already have 4g wire from alt to a load center. Alt would need dual pulley because also running A/C. What year and make Denso would work? Has single wire alt now that discharges at anything over 4,000 rpm, but can easily wire a duel field regulator.

Looks good, money is tight at this time. looking for a Denso that I could get at a Pull A Part and prefer one with an external VR, easier to replace a VR than a alternator when needed.

what are you currently running?

have a modified ford alt, single wire. The internal diodes and VR have failed at the higher rpm a couple time already. I am driving it, but have to keep it at a lower rpm, not as much fun, and at night has the pulsating headlight syndrome.

Need an Alternator with at least 80 amp at idle for the electric fans and other electrical loads that I have and maybe adding EFI in near future. Already have 4g wire from alt to a load center. Alt would need dual pulley because also running A/C. What year and make Denso would work? Has single wire alt now that discharges at anything over 4,000 rpm, but can easily wire a duel field regulator.
Check out the thread Later Model Alternators. Just put one in my 65 barracuda formula "S" with pics and explanations.

looks like it may not have enough at idle, but will look into it. Thanks

-
Back