82 F800 light wiring dia.

-

spl440

Everybody's Fool
Reaction score
Working on a friends 82 F800, needs light wiring fabrication. front is fine, nothing out back. looked online, could get pre 72, but would need to pay for newer Diagram, just goes against my principles. Any help would be appreciated. Has a Detroit diesel in it, no turbo, just noise, lots of noise.

I cannot imagine that is too tough, you are talking Ford right? What can you access? The tail connector? Is the harness "kinda there" but ragged and cut off?

There has to be an access point somewhere I'm not familiar with them. And at that point there can only be so many wires depending on what it came with.........

Maybe some sort of brake warning depending on brakes
Maybe two speed axle wireing
Saddle tanks? Then likely no fuel senders in the rear harness but they may split from that
"Normal" tail/ turn /stop etc wiring, maybe trailer brakes, is it hydraulic or air?

No wires at all to the rear light harness. Looking for where the connector is located, it is different to the F 150

The wiring to the rear of the truck should be run along the left frame rail all the way to the rear taillights. Detroit fuel pincher the first throw away diesel.

Found it, the harness was cut and then taped up into the air line hoses.

Please make darn sure that ancillary wiring for the brakes / warning/ air pressure etc gets chased down

-
Back