830 horse on the dyno

-

toolmanmike

Moderator and forum fixer
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score

Rode along with a friend today. His 580+ cube wedge pulled some good numbers. It was fun! Crank up the volume!

Last edited:
Oh nice, it was just humming up to 7200 rpm.
I really need to put my solid roller stuff in my 470 it went to 7100 and I was afraid lol

I really need to put my solid roller stuff in my 470 it went to 7100 and I was afraid lol
They sound good but it's a bit scarry at that rpm with a long arm crank and rods. Quality parts are a must.

820 on the first pull at 6500.

1000011387.jpg

They sound good but it's a bit scarry at that rpm with a long arm crank and rods. Quality parts are a must.
Oh yeah I know, I put a power adder rod in my rotating assembly thinking down the road but I know I increased some side loading and have a stock 400 block pushing real close to 700 HP
It's scary but awesome to know something I built myself can do what it needed to

Oh yeah I know, I put a power adder rod in my rotating assembly thinking down the road but I know I increased some side loading and have a stock 400 block pushing real close to 700 HP
It's scary but awesome to know something I built myself can do what it needed to
No doubt.

What was the change that jumped the peak power rpm 400 higher?

What was the change that jumped the peak power rpm 400 higher?
No timing or carb changes between pulls. Interesting how the engine sounds different between warm up and after a pull. It really idles quite smooth.

This was his old motor. (A little smaller and stock block if I remember correctly) Wow hard to believe it was 10 years ago.

Intake ports look pretty wide.
Might be 572-13 heads(hard to tell by looking at a pic on my phone)

I'm the owner of car and motor. The old combination made 880hp . Dropped a valve had to get one new head . The new head needs a little more port work to get back to 880. It's Indy aluminum block 572 cu.in. 440-1 heads ported indy tunnel ram 2 c&s 1000cfm carbs comp 695 lift cam jesel valve train A&A 727 trans with brake transmission specialties converter. I built the car myself in my 2 car garage . have own it since 1975. I've made a few changes over the years. Any question just ask no secrets

I'm the owner of car and motor. The old combination made 880hp . Dropped a valve had to get one new head . The new head needs a little more port work to get back to 880. It's Indy aluminum block 572 cu.in. 440-1 heads ported indy tunnel ram 2 c&s 1000cfm carbs comp 695 lift cam jesel valve train A&A 727 trans with brake transmission specialties converter. I built the car myself in my 2 car garage . have own it since 1975. I've made a few changes over the years. Any question just ask no secrets
Thanks Tom. Glad you stopped by to answer questions. This was a fun trip for me and I see many here are interested as well. No secrets. Love it. :thumbsup: @PRH @MOPARMAGA @Johnny Mac

Last edited:
-
Back