833 OD Ato E body

-

papadodge

Reaction score
I have a fella with a 73 Ebody wanting my OD 833, this was the set up in my 68 dart.Can he change the tailshaft housing and go? or will this not work for him?Ido not want to sell him something he cannot use.Thanks papa-d

I have heard it needs to be a longer OD shaft that is longer for the E. I wanted to change the one I have with the B/E mounting pads to an A for my Valiant. I would trade ya but you are so far away the shipping would be prohibitive...

Anyone tried to do this? Bump for ya

BTW, I am pretty sure the OD I have is from a Dodge truck but has the B/E mounting pads, can anyone confirm this?

Yes, the truck OD's have B/E mounting pads. To get the A-body OD into the E-body, you will either need a longer output shaft and tail housing or you could make some kind of adapter to get the A-body shifter location back to the E-body location. In the end it would probably be 100 times easier just to get a truck/B/E transmission. They are relatively cheap and easy to find.

Ok fellas thanks for the input.What ever would be the best for the guy,I am sure somebody will buy the A Body set up sooner or later. thanks papa-d

I went the other way and put a long tail shaft (B/E body length) A833OD in my 68 Barracuda.

It was a simple and straight forward swap. There are only two significant things to do. Make a bracket to bolt to the rear mount that positions the shifter forward to the A-body position. And, shorten the drive shaft.

To go the other way would require the bracket to move the shifter back and the drive shaft would need to be lengthened.

Bigblockdart.com has a good write up on putting the long tail shaft into an a-body and even have a dimensioned drawing for the bracket.

hey 64 cuda,if you want this is what i got for sale on kijji.ca (grande prairie alberta) here is the ad # to look Ad ID 182520886 if your interested i can give you the fellas email that was looking for the E-body set up.papa-d

-
Back