833 Project

-

Johnny Dart

Reaction score
Well guys,I finally found my new winter project,and it was right in my garage.
I decided to take the /6 and tranny out of the 65 Dart,to clean/hop it up a little.I will start a new thread on that.

Here are some before and after pics of the 833 4spd. Finished it in 2 days,including rebuilding the shifter.Adjusted the rods,and she shifts like butter !!!! Ready to go !!!!

Hart Basketball 001.jpg

Hart Basketball 002.jpg

Hart Basketball 006.jpg

Hart Basketball 009.jpg

Hart Basketball 010.jpg

Hart Basketball 011.jpg

looks real good, can i have it please =) we have one sitting in our garage that I plan on doing the same thing to. Hopefully sometime this year

saaweet...Im just up in northern california. Time for a road trip lol :-D off topic, but were do you plan on getting the four speed hump? I saw a couple, one was 18 gauge, one 20, and one fiberglass. Need to decide. What are you going for?

lol well its going in that beauty. I am going to have to pick up a hump from somewhere. Your cars are so damn cool Johnny :thumbrig: very nice stuff you have, work on, and do. Much props

lol well its going in that beauty. I am going to have to pick up a hump from somewhere. Your cars are so damn cool Johnny :thumbrig: very nice stuff you have, work on, and do. Much props

Thanks for the kind words.

Building cars keeps me in the garage,and out of trouble if you know what I mean....8)

Humps are out there,either originals or reproductions.Youll find one !

looks terrific! did you use new shift rods, or restore the ones you had?

I restored the rods along with the Hurst shifter. All new bushings,spring clips,etc.

If you know anyone who needs a Hurst shifter restored I do it,at a very fair price.

Thanks alot.

So, now it's squeaky clean and you rebuilt the shifter. Anything done to the inside? Did you at least pull the side cover off? Hate to see you install it and have to tear it out again. Common problem some make, oh it shifts great on the stand, until they finally test drive it. Do yourself a favor and tear it apart, check it thoroughly, and replace all wear parts. Once and done.

So, now it's squeaky clean and you rebuilt the shifter. Anything done to the inside? Did you at least pull the side cover off? Hate to see you install it and have to tear it out again. Common problem some make, oh it shifts great on the stand, until they finally test drive it. Do yourself a favor and tear it apart, check it thoroughly, and replace all wear parts. Once and done.

Trans has been in the car and running,and shifts fine.Seals and gaskets have been replaced. Thanks.

-
Back