850 double pump issues HELP!!

-
I hope I don't muddy the waters or offend anyone but that is too much carb for a mild 360 automatic car. I have had a lot of experience with this stuff. Cuda 20 was on target. It isn't rocket science. Your engine is getting a big gulp of air before the fuel mixture is efficient enough to produce torque. Sell that 850 to a buddy with a 440 and get yourself a Holley 4777 650 DP and you will think you have died and gone to heaven! Don't change a thing on it. If you have 15 to 17 inches of vacuum at idle, everything will be fine. An Edelbrock RPM Airgap manifold would be excellent...and be sure your engine has enough timing!! I've seen a lot of carbs blamed for retarded timing. It causes all kinds of burping and farting and fires under the hood. Good luck!
Pat:cheers:

o and also forgot i do have jet extensions and blocked off power valves and i know the fuel level is where its suppose to be take screw out and its right below hole.. and im in colorado 4700 above sea level incase jets seemed small lol

Hemitt, Im about 150 miles up I 25 form you (5000ft). I am running a 318 with a 850 CFM carb with great luck. It took me a while to get the stumbling to go away,but have had alot better luck than I did with my 650 cfm holley. Also i have a buddy wiht a very hot GM 350 running a 1000 cfm carb with no problem.

Hemitt, Im about 150 miles up I 25 form you (5000ft). I am running a 318 with a 850 CFM carb with great luck. It took me a while to get the stumbling to go away,but have had alot better luck than I did with my 650 cfm holley. Also i have a buddy wiht a very hot GM 350 running a 1000 cfm carb with no problem.

I guess i didn't catch the alt. he was at, anyways, I agree with you zakimodo, it seems you can get away with larger carbs at these altitudes, the way i see it, the air is alot thinner up there & lack there of it, so the larger CFM seems to let the engine breath better.

I guess i didn't catch the alt. he was at, anyways, I agree with you zakimodo, it seems you can get away with larger carbs at these altitudes, the way i see it, the air is alot thinner up there & lack there of it, so the larger CFM seems to let the engine breath better.

that and you can get away with higher static comp ratio's too.

and i agree that it can get tunned with my car but im tryin alot of diff things not knowing exactly what the prblm is or where to look to find and ive tried alot of things ppl have told me but ive dumped way to much money in this 850 buying diff things to try i might just not have the ear and it could be sumthin stupid but im putting this proform on tomo and not touching it and see what happens.. the 850 is gna go on the 440 i might have better luck on that motor.. and if anyone races in colorado that knows hands down they would beable to tune it please let me know im in pueblo and race at pmp i will give cash for ur time and i can do the work with your knowledge listing to the car thanks

-
Back