86 or 87 Dodge Shortbed WIW

-

65 Dartman

1 of None 65 Dart Sedan Delivery
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My step-grandson bought an 86 or 87 Dodge pick-up truck virtually no rust, shortbed and no motor or transmission. To help him get it going I gave him a slant super six/904 out of a 72 Valiant. I drove the car home after I bought it and the slant ran really nice. Well, between him and his Dad they sort of got it running (his Dad is Chevy all the way). I took a look at it and fixed the kickdown linkage, abd re-routed some vacuum hoses and got it running pretty decent. Well grandson got his license and decided he'd rather be driving a Chevy like his Dad :thumbdow: So what do you guys think it might be worth - virtually rust-free, runs half way decent but could use some more tweaking. I'd like to make him an offer on it.

ahh a chebby fan NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lol 1500 is what i would offer

anybody out there lookin for a customized ram? i m running out of room in my shop.

Picture 101.jpg

Here in nc,i bought my 86 ram 150 long bed,no rust,no body damage,good running 318,904, for 800.00 I believe i coulda got it cheaper,if i had haggled,but im not much of a haggler.If it had been a chevy in the same condition here,it would have been at least 3500.00 and a ford would have been at least 2500.00.By the way,im using my truck for parts now,so if you need some body parts,let me know.Id offer 1000.00 for it at the most,if its perfect.

Unfortunately, with the exception of the Lil Reds, Warlocks, some of the one off specials, and the Power Wagons, the 1st gen Rams don't bring the bucks or the luv like the other brands do even though the Rams were just as stout if not downright better engineered than the others.

A no rust 86 short bed would hover around 1k. Those short beds are a bit desirable though when it comes to the custom builders and 1500-2k would not be unreasonable, especially when advertising it to the Ram guys on one of the dodge truck forums out there.

-
Back