870 street avenger on a performer intake

-

Jims71duster

Reaction score
It seems to have a linkage problem on the right side of the intake. A small bolt on the linkage rotates down and hits the intake just as the choke flap starts to open. Its never bin started but will I need to lift the carb a bit with a spacer>

Hey Jim, I actually talked to Edelbrock a couple months ago about the use of a carb spacer and was told they don't recommend one on the Performer RPM but if I must, for heat insulation, to use a 1/2 " to 1" 4 hole.

Terry

Terry his intake is the regular low rise performer 318-360 thats the problem.
He'd be fine if it was a rpm high rise.

Actually Crusher unless Jim has another engine I don't know about it's a Performer RPM sitting on top of a 383, I know Jim and the car's just a couple blocks from me. Sorry:toothy10:

Terry

Actually Crusher unless Jim has another engine I don't know about it's a Performer RPM sitting on top of a 383, I know Jim and the car's just a couple blocks from me. Sorry:toothy10:

Terry

Ya ,,I thought it would be fine but the choke linkage hits the intake just as it starts to open (the adjusting bolt on the choke linkage is the part that hits the manifold) but ya,,,it is a 383 as terry says. However its not for heat that I might need the spacer. I'll watch the holly cd tomorrow see what they have to say. Then the engine should be goin in on sunday. Thx for the input guys i might need more after the video, lol.

Hey, I like to save a buck when I can too. I was thinking that if it's just hitting the choke well on the intake that could be smoothed a bit and give you the clearance you need.

Tom

-
Back