88 d-100 computer Question

-

moparker

Reaction score
Is there a way I can tell if a truck has a lock up converter option by the tag?

You should be able to tell by the 7 digit transmission number on the drivers side pan rail. Post it here and I'll look it up.

This is the situation. My truck has it. My computer **** itself and wouldn't read barametric pressure. It wouldn't run right when it is cold out. So I've been getting computers from pull a part out of the trucks there. The one I have now doesn't have the capability to do shift so my gas mileage is shot. I'll post the number and see if you can figure it out. I've had two crap themselves. Seems odd. I've replaced all kind of sensors and relays. This was the only thing that worked.

..........R u positive u dont have a short/open in the wiring...........did u test the wiring and sensor or just started replacing parts.............lots of times its the actual plug that clips on to the sensor...........kim...........

Diagnosis by substitution can be an expensive way to fix a vehicle unless you just want to keep a spare of everything.....

I did the replacing thing then gave up and took it to a friends garage. He put the scanner on it. He had to read each page that's when he noticed it wasn't reading berometric pressure. I can't remember why or what code it was showing for him to have to read each page. I put a used computer on it and all was well. I agree with you guys though. It seems funny that I would be having the same problem with other computers. I checked the connection last fall when this started. I'll check again.

-
Back