88 d-100 help

-

moparker

Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry I havn't posted in a while but, ouir PC died and all we have is my wifes lap top. It's hard for me to get a chance to get it away from her.
Anyway, my 88 d-100 last week started running rough when I started in the morning. Idle going up and down,missing as I drove. It did it all the way to work. After work it ran fine. I tuned it up yesterday. Cap,rotor,plugs,wires and oil change. Ran fine after that(mid afternoon). Went out this morning and same old thing. Seems like a fuel issue or computer fuel issue. It has a throttle body on it. It has 62,000 miles on it. 318 auto. Any help would be great. Thanks Mike

Does in have an Intake Air Control valve? If so it might need cleaning and/or replacement?
-TIm

Does in have an Intake Air Control valve? If so it might need cleaning and/or replacement?
-TIm

That's what I was thinking. I need to replace the IAT in my '89 as it has the throttle doing a dance at times, but I haven't got a misfire issue associated with it...

still thinking.

Would this cause the issue of running bad when cold and good when warm outside?

That's what is doing. Throttle doing a dance when cold.

I think it is the air senser in the air cleaner. Went to autozone and it is unavailable. Changed the air filter and carb cleaned the senser. I'll check it in the morning and see wehat happens.

Would this cause the issue of running bad when cold and good when warm outside?

Mine started out as a very high idle when cold out and wouldn't return until I pulled the clutch a bit. Lately it's been doing it when it wants, warm or cold, and makes pulling a hill an issue sometimes. Like I said, no misfire issues, though.

I've taken it apart and cleaned it, no joy, but it is sticking. When it happens you can see it "snap" back a little at a time, not pulling off like it should.

Right now, just too cheap to replace it, as I can usually get it to calm down with a few snaps of the throttle and a little clutch. When it goes the other way I can feather through it.

Is this air intake control valve work off the air pump? Mine is not hooked up. Where is it located?

Guys, I'm still fighting with this issue. I've replaced the coolant temp senser, did nothing. I tried a pulla part vacum canister purge solenoid. Might have been a little better but, I'm not sure. Put it on a scanner and threw a A/C code. I don't have air. WTF? Any help would be great. Thanks Mike

-
Back